Top 3 contenders

wolfss

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
My personal view is that Kevin Lee had the highest set of skills. His downfall is chin and gas tank.

Tony is diverse but can be held down(castillo). His striking is very good and his gas tank is his biggest asset

Conor has a good left hand but gas tank is usually half full.

Khabib will beat Fergusen and conor but will lose to Lee

Conor beats ferg and lee

None hold the belt for more than one title defense!!

Yeah but what about Al Iaquinta.

What will the winning lottery numbers be for tonight please??

You think Lee outgrapples Khabib but can't takedown Conor? What? I'd say Kevin Lee is the worst match up for Conor in the entire division given he's so much more explosive than Khabib which will make it easier to replicate what Mendes did. Plus he actually has striking.

I think Tony being a threat to himself outside of the cage is his biggest weakness, tbh

You think Lee outgrapples Khabib but can't takedown Conor? What? I'd say Kevin Lee is the worst match up for Conor in the entire division given he's so much more explosive than Khabib which will make it easier to replicate what Mendes did. Plus he actually has striking.

Conor catches lee with a left

Conor catches lee with a left
How? Why? Why Lee but not everyone else? If I was going to pick anyone to beat Conor its Lee as he can just shoot straight under Conors left handed which he overextends on constantly. Then on the ground Lee is much better at finishing that Khabib. Probably wins by first round rear naked choke 90% of the time.

How? Why? Why Lee but not everyone else? If I was going to pick anyone to beat Conor its Lee as he can just shoot straight under Conors left handed which he overextends on constantly. Then on the ground Lee is much better at finishing that Khabib. Probably wins by first round rear naked choke 90% of the time.

I just dont trust his chin. And connor can run around the octagon for a few rounds. I mean literally run away from Lee until he gasses.

Actually that dont make sense because conor would probably gas first.

I’ll agree with you. Lee beats both conner and Khabib but still loses to Fergie

I doubt Khabib loses to Lee, He's way thougher and a better wrestler. Lee is still really good, but not on khabibs level. If conor can keep it standing, which i doubt he can, he hast a good chance of winning.

I would still pick Tony against every lightweight on the roster. He is the more versatile and well rounded. Also the fact that beign championship fights they would all be five round fights favours him. 5 round against RDA in Mexico City, at high pace, his cardio is something out of this world. He can also adapt during fights better than the others.

I dunno man lee got knocked out by a bjj guy.

I think Poirier would smoke him

I dunno man lee got knocked out by a bjj guy.

I think Poirier would smoke him
That BJJ guy also has a win over Thiago Santos, Lee was 22 and the guy caught him with a big shot, thats just MMA. Not to mention the whole reason it stayed on the feet is cause the guy was also a 4x world champ in BJJ so Lee didn't take him down. Conor is a mediocre brown belt. The fights pretty much irrelevant especially in a match up with Conor aside from basically being an example of Kevin Lees chin not being unbreakable.

Even if Poirier would smoke him that again is very different style match up to Conor. Poirier is good in that he's tough and one of the most well rounded guys in the division but he's not actually amazing at anything like Conor is a great striker and Khabib a great grappler. If Eddie can outwrestle Dustin then Lee easily can.

Lee isn’t a top 3 contender, he just pretends he is. He’s behind Poirier Conor Ferguson and even Nate should he win.

Thread is pointless.

Back