Top 10 International Martial Arts

U

Underdog1030

I found this link on the top 10 international martial arts. Do you think it's correct.

http://[URL=listverse.com/sports/top-10-international-martial-arts/"]listverse.com/sports/top-10-international-martial-arts/[/URL]

What a bullshit list. Maybe whoever made that list didn't consider boxing and wrestling to be martial arts. Of that list, judo and TKD has to be at the top since they're in the Olympics.

I agree with the list, too an extent. Karate and Tae Kwon Do are deffinately not the best martial arts but alot of people practice it because they dont know any better

I agree that Wrestling and Boxing would top the list if they were considered Martial Arts. Unfortunately they are not by most who see them as combative sports, but not MA's. It would be great to see this somehow change, but I kinda doubt it. Those involved in MMA know how important they are any well rounded game no matter how they are labeled.

As for the list, I think as far as numbers of people doing them its likely pretty accurate.

I agree with the list, too an extent. Karate and Tae Kwon Do are deffinately not the best martial arts but alot of people practice it because they dont know any better

I would agree with the TKD part but the rest...

What a bullshit list. Maybe whoever made that list didn't consider boxing and wrestling to be martial arts. Of that list, judo and TKD has to be at the top since they're in the Olympics.

I believe the list is geared mostly towards the Tradiotional Martial arts.

Krav maga is no where near traditional martial arts, but maybe they considered boxing more a sport than an actual martial art discipline

Krav maga is no where near traditional martial arts, but maybe they considered boxing more a sport than an actual martial art discipline

Agreed, but I believe that Krav is more closely related to the TMA's as opposed to boxing as it relates to sport competition , but you can also make the same argument that TKD is more of a sport rather than a martial art.

They probably based it on popularity and didn't consider the sweet science and wrestling to be martial arts.

Back