Top 10 HWs according to their SHOWN TDD.

kikikhan

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I don't know how to rank these guys.

I think we can rank them together though.

My candidates:

CC

Arlovski

JDS

Rizzo

Fedor

Sylvia

Overeem

Cain

Minotauro

Barnett

I'm reluctant to include aggressive wrestlers, who allways attacked with TDs, but rarely defended any.

What do you guys think?

1.Fedor
2.Fedor
3.Fedor
4.Fedor
5.Fedor
6.Fedor
7.Fedor
8.Fedor
9.Fedor
10.Dylan

Thanks, man.

Minotauro and Barnett surprise me a bit.

I know Minotauro didn't mind (he wanted it actually) being on the ground.

Last edited:
I did not know Andrei Arlovski was so good at defending takedowns. If that guy had a good chin he would be unbeatable.

andreiarlovski.jpg

without looking at stats and just my gut I would say the best guys are CC Reem and then JDS when he is not fighting Cain. Those three are amazing at keeping the fights on the feet and punishing opponents that shoot. CC in his prime was the best by a mile.

without looking at stats and just my gut I would say the best guys are CC Reem and then JDS when he is not fighting Cain. Those three are amazing at keeping the fights on the feet and punishing opponents that shoot. CC in his prime was the best by a mile.

CC was The Wrestler Killer.

The fair Pride rules helped him fight to his full potential and destroy wrestlers.

Oh. Fedor took him down 4 f*cking times...

Prime Fedor was an elite MMA wrestler and I don't think most MMA fans realise this.

Imagine Cain trying this sh*t in Pride vs CC. Just imagine it.

20pdkw.jpg

CroCopSoccerKick.jpg

CroCopColeman4.jpg

103013-UFC-Pride-TV-Pi3_20131030192052366_660_320.JPG

Fujita%20Vs%20CroCop%20Scan.jpg

Just saying.

You guys have to look at the whole picture. You have to consider take down average,submissions and take down accuracy.

Arlovsky or Crocop do not risk taking anybody down so their numbers will be better than somebody who is more active in take downs and subs.

You'd think Nog and Werdum would have 0% TDD. Those guys wanted it on the ground regardless of position.

You guys have to look at the whole picture. You have to consider take down average,submissions and take down accuracy.

Arlovsky or Crocop do not risk taking anybody down so their numbers will be better than somebody who is more active in take downs and subs.

Agressive fighters like Fedor and Hendo sacrificed their TD defence by trying to take heads off. Can't really sh*t on their TDD in these cases:D

Another important thing. In Pride, wrestlers were allowed to use wrestling shoes. Making their TD attempts faster and stronger. So we need to give even more credit to guys who defended TDs against such wrestlers. And not make such a big deal when they were taken down vs such wrestlers:) Because it was harder to defend a TD vs a guy with wrestling shoes on.

Best TDD in HW history? Probably JDS. Cain struggled so much to take him down in the 3rd fight.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back