Top 10 HW takedown artists.

kikikhan

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
1. Prime Fedor (after a hard debate with myself, I have to rank Fedor at nr. 1. When he wanted to take someone down he took him down. He had the most versatile TDs too IMO, he didn't try to TD certain fighters, because he was versatile enough to use another style.)

Prime Randleman (his shot was like a lightning and he took down people with ease. I remember only CC stopping HW Randleman's TD- I might be wrong though)

Prime Coleman (his TDs were very strong and very hard to stop)

Cormier (great TDs)

Cain (great TDs, but I can't forget this:
20pdkw.jpg
because:
CroCopSoccerKick.jpg

Prime Kerr (a beast)

Prime Fujita (very underrated TDs)

Prime Minotauro (underrated TDs, I don't know if people remember)

Barnett (versatile and violent TDs)

Prime Ken Shamrock (never forget him)

These are my candidates. I don't know if I can rank them.

I gave Fedor the nr. 1, because of his versatility and ability to take anyone to the ground once he decided to do it. I might get laughed at, but most of the best TD artists are not really versatile. They mostly attack with leg TDs all the time and the unified rules play in their favour.

I'd love any suggestions.

I can't rank them. So I'd like to see what the rest of you think.

The only one I really disagree with is Big Nog, I wouldn't say he was ever great at take downs, he used to let people sprawl him to he could work himself round into guard.

1. Prime Fedor (after a hard debate with myself, I have to rank Fedor at nr. 1. When he wanted to take someone down he took him down. He had the most versatile TDs too IMO, he didn't try to TD certain fighters, because he was versatile enough to use another style.)

Prime Randleman (his shot was like a lightning and he took down people with ease. I remember only CC stopping HW Randleman's TD- I might be wrong though)

Prime Coleman (his TDs were very strong and very hard to stop)

Cormier (great TDs)

Cain (great TDs, but I can't forget this:
20pdkw.jpg
because:
CroCopSoccerKick.jpg

Prime Kerr (a beast)

Prime Fujita (very underrated TDs)

Prime Minotauro (underrated TDs, I don't know if people remember)

Barnett (versatile and violent TDs)

Prime Ken Shamrock (never forget him)

These are my candidates. I don't know if I can rank them.

I gave Fedor the nr. 1, because of his versatility and ability to take anyone to the ground once he decided to do it. I might get laughed at, but most of the best TD artists are not really versatile. They mostly attack with leg TDs all the time and the unified rules play in their favour.

I'd love any suggestions.

I can't rank them. So I'd like to see what the rest of you think.
Ken Shamrock in his prime was fucking scary.

The only one I really disagree with is Big Nog, I wouldn't say he was ever great at take downs, he used to let people sprawl him to he could work himself round into guard.

I think he was an underrated wrestler overall.

Coleman couldn't take him down FFS and he took down pretty much everybody he wanted. Not as successfully as Fedor, but still, he was a good TD artist IMO.

Dan Severn was quite the monster at his time.

Big Nog should not be on this list, Overeem's takedowns are like twice as good for example. Big Nog never really had top level takedowns.

So Cain makes the list but Brock who took Cain down twice with ease doesn't make the list.

Interesting ....

Mostly the strong wrestlers: Coleman, DC, Weidman, Jones, Randleman, Velasquez.

Big Nog should not be on this list, Overeem's takedowns are like twice as good for example. Big Nog never really had top level takedowns.

They've been the most inconsistent part of his game. Sometimes its looked world class other times its left alot to be desired. The Kharitonov fight is one fight for example where it looked amazingly sharp.

Was definitely putting in his time on the wrestling mat, putting together beautiful doubles to sit outs and still completing the TDs.

Someone brought up the Big Cat Tom Erikson earlier and its definitely a solid pick. Easily one of the more underrated guys in MMA hostory.

So Cain makes the list but Brock who took Cain down twice with ease doesn't make the list.

Interesting ....

You know, I'm a bit reluctant to include guys with fewer than 10 MMA fights.

But yeah Brock.

Oh sh*t.

COUTURE FFS.

Back