Took home gold in my first No GI

Davebjj

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I fought I'm my first No Gi tourney yesterday and took home gold. Finished all my fights by triangle...my favorite submission.

It was at the Bravado No-Gi Classic in Toronto

I had never been so nervous in my life....these guys were huge!

Congratulations bro! I was looking for the results yesterday, did they post them on their website yet?

I don't think there is anything at bravadobjj.com
Did you see Royler Gracie there. I really wanted to get a pic with him but he only stuck around for like an hour.

He is alot smaller than i though he would be too...but prolly destroy anyone

I fought I'm my first No Gi tourney yesterday and took home gold. Finished all my fights by triangle...my favorite submission.

damnit i was gonna go to that, but i work at a club and worked until 6am sunday morning... wat weight class were you in? i was gonna compete at 170 no gi begginner

I was planning on competing in the 155 intermediate but felt really sick during the weekend. Are the results posted somewhere?

I was planning on competing in the 155 intermediate but felt really sick during the weekend. Are the results posted somewhere?

nice, im almost at the intermediate stage, and i plan on fighting at 155, we may compete soon, are you goin to the comp at the mma expo?

nice, im almost at the intermediate stage, and i plan on fighting at 155, we may compete soon, are you goin to the comp at the mma expo?

Certainly am, the tournament is being hosted by the academy I train at. I'm looking to go 140lbs intermediate/blue.

Did anyone see that one guy win his whole division by face smash? He would just get in peoples guards and tripod up and hold as close as possible smashing the top of his head into their face. At least 2 competitors got bloodied up. I dont think he got any subs just face smashed to "victory"..it was ridiculous to watch.

Dave! Cheers on the win!!

Where do you train? I'm from St.Thomas.

Congrats man! Seems like there were a lot of tournaments last weekend, both in California, Ontario, Pittsburgh, and NY (Am-Can Judo tourney)... and probably more.

I believe the Mundials are soon too. Too soon, as they are kinda close to the Pan-Ams. Of course I still can't afford either of them, unfortunately... :'(

Back