Too many questions about Conor

BryanSchaub

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
Too many questions surrounding Conor to predict a victory

The last time Conor threw a straight left from the outside he missed by 500 miles.

He threw a high kick against Cowboy which he always does in fights, and Cowboy was done after that kick so we still don't know if Conor has the speed, accuracy and timing in his punches.

Dustin is way too big of an underdog, +700 on TKO/KO is a massive bet. If it reaches the third, I think Conor is fucked and will get knocked out. Dustin is relentless when he senses someone is tired and/or hurt. I think Dustin can knock him out in the first and second as well, he has long arms and a great straight left and a great right hook.

I think Dustins gameplan will be leg kicks, circle and look for clinch/takedowns and start pouring it on in the second/third.

I'm hoping Conor gets the W but I got Dustin by finish.

Conor often throws shots just to get a reaction, not necessarily to hit with that shot. I wouldn't put too much stock into him missing that first punch.

If Conor still has it then he beats Poirier with ease via better boxing and overall striking.

However if this isn’t the same Conor or he’s past it then it’s very possible Dustin could take it or even KO him

Imagine people detracting from your 40 second victory because you missed one punch

Hilarious. The bar for Conor really is next level.

Wasn't that fight, statistically, the most accurate display of striking ever seen in the UFC? lol

Imagine people detracting from your 40 second victory because you missed one punch

tenor.gif

Conor often throws shots just to get a reaction, not necessarily to hit with that shot. I wouldn't put too much stock into him missing that first punch.
True but that particular shot he was going for a KO shot. I think he was trying to beat Masvidal's fastest finish record but Cerrone try go for a takedown instead. The force that Conor put into that punch worked as part of his takedown defense because his body crashed into Cerrone as he went for the take down and actually pushed Cerrone back instead of Cerrone pushing Conor back for the takedown. Conor crashed into Cerrone with his hip and left thigh after stepping forward after missing the punch.

The regulars on here used to b1tch like crazy when GSP couldnt finish people. Jones gets similar treatment. Yet when McGregor stops top fighters, they turn it into a negative.

Yeah, you're right. We don't know if mcgregor is any good because he headkicked his opponent and subsequently finished him quicker than anyone else ever has on his last time out

True but that particular shot he was going for a KO shot. I think he was trying to beat Masvidal's fastest finish record but Cerrone try go for a takedown instead. The force that Conor put into that punch worked as part of his takedown defense because his body crashed into Cerrone as he went for the take down and actually pushed Cerrone back instead of Cerrone pushing Conor back for the takedown. Conor crashed into Cerrone with his hip and left thigh after stepping forward after missing the punch.
Ya if anything it showed Conor's reflexes are still top notch because he almost landed a knee as Cerrone ducked under. Conor looked great against Cerrone but Poirier has stayed active and improved a lot since their first fight and that's what makes this one interesting.

All Coner needs to do is the same thing Micheal Johnson did.
N31rou.gif
[/URL][/IMG]

Like I said not necessarily, but it can still be effective when hit, too. But that shot was easy to read, especially for Conor's doing, so I doubt it was solely to get the finish.

Back