Too funny...

jf0808

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
This is footage from when I was 17. We arrived to a party a little too early, and I asked a friend of mine to run out to my car to get the beer pong cups. When he came back, not only did he bring the cups, but it turns out he had also found some of my boxing equipment. I had only been boxing for a month, but before you knew it everyone was saying, "Throw on the gloves with so and so", and "bet you won't box so and so". I initially refused, but after I was called out by someone, I couldn't refuse. Now, I had only been boxing for a MONTH. A MONTH. I registered as an amateur fighter about 3 months later. So let's keep the hate to a minimum.

Video - TinyPic - Share the Experience!

NICE!
This is what happened with me.
I wrestled in grade school and in high school. There was a kid from my city who was an amatuer boxer and just a tough mother fucker.
He had gloves in his basement and we just had quick little matches between all of us down there. It was such a rush to time shots, counter and launch an effective offense.

I got my ass handed to me which frustrated the hell out of me. Wrestling came easy, it just made sense when I started doing it. But I think that's for most kids to be honest with you. Boxing didn't come easily for me. When the technical aspect of it started to unfold before my eyes I was hooked.

I'm 0-1, with 1 KO loss on my record. People tell me I got lit up. All I remember is a loud ringing for hours, lots of purple and blue flashes....and asking my coach over and over and over, why Im not in the game.

that girl is truely annoying. I was waiting for a slipped punch to nail her in the grill.

Well, aside from wrestlers and football players I boxed in high school.
I'm 0-2....
I thought wins over wrestlers and football players were relevant, until I fought 2 puerto ricans (back to back.... less than 2 months apart) in 1996 when I was doing my freshman year at Marquette University.

These weren't amatuer bouts, just sparring that I hoped would lead to am to then lead to pro. Guess I didn't have what it took.
1996 must have been a shitty year, because that was the year I lost a large portion of my memory as well. I was in 11th grade then I believe.

Mine was not an ammy bout either. Mine was the mother of all king hits, on the basketall court during a league game. My head did a bounce off of the court as well, so Im old. I dont believe I have the chin to compete twice.

1996 must have been a shitty year, because that was the year I lost a large portion of my memory as well. I was in 11th grade then I believe.

Mine was not an ammy bout either. Mine was the mother of all king hits, on the basketall court during a league game. My head did a bounce off of the court as well, so Im old. I dont believe I have the chin to compete twice.

In 92 (right before my freshman year in high school) I caught a pretty bad beating. I was standing up for a friend who was getting called names and whatnot. I didn't really think the other guys had it in them to do anything. Boy was I wrong.
I got beat like a drum.
They had a pretty big group, and the group I was with just walked away from it leaving me behind. This one kid calls me out into the street and told me to put my hand out. Which I did, and he replied with, "your hand is shaking, that means you're scared". As scared as I was that comment just annoyed me to know end, I replied with, "No crap, genius.... I could have told you that". And then the beating started. It ended with me on all fours getting punched in the back of the head and kicked in the ribs.
I was never really knocked silly in that 'fight' (beating), so when I started boxing I would think about that thinking I must have had some great chin. The 1st Puerto Rican kid I boxed (when I moved on to boxing people that actually knew what they were doing) put a rest to my little theory of me having a good chin.

LOL, I've takin some pretty mean whoopin's in my life for my friends sake. 5 of my best friends and I used to bounce for a couple of the more popular bars around town, which if you know anything about Bakersfield California, the reputation the city has is well deserved. Lots of hardworking, uneducated and violent people.

We have a popular bar in town called Chuy's and 2 years ago on St. Patties day, all damn 6 of us caught a hell of a beating when we tried to bounce out a Correctional Officer. So out of this big group of "BRO's" one of the sh!t-faced CO's wanted to pick a fight with an entire table of guys (who were just having a few beers and checking the scenery). He walks up to the table,eats some of their nachos and grabs their pitcher of beer, pounding it right in front of the group. Obviously It didn't go over well and we have to step in to break it up. So myself and my best friend Derrick go over and tell the guy he's out for starting shit, and to go sleep it off. He says fine, and starts walking toward the door. As soon as Derrick turns his back, he swings a haymaker for me and misses completely, stumbling to the ground. I tell Derrick to grab our friend Josh (who's the head bouncer there) to help throw this guy out. Derrick ignores me and decides the best way to fix the situation is to rear naked choke and drag the guy kicking and squirming out to the parking lot. As soon as he starts I realize his entire group of about 20 people are already next to us and are suddenly yelling at Derrick to let him go. The commotion signals my other 2 friends Nick and Henry over and they start telling everyone to sit the hell back down, and stay out of it.... surprise, surprise, they don't. People start yelling profanity and threats, and the situation gets quickly gets out of control as four people grab Derrick and he let's go of the drunk bastard who started it. The guy sucker punches Derrick as he's being held back and all hell breaks loose.

I didn't even get a punch off , it was all i could do to pick my downed friend up and out of a melee of stomps and kicks (while being beaten down myself). As I dragged Derrick (who had already had more than enough) to the parking lot in hopes of safety, I yelled at Josh who had come back inside that Henry and Nick were still fighting. Josh goes to his truck and grabs his Maglite. I get in just in time to see Josh shatter a guys forearm with his flashlight as the guy tried to block it from hitting his face. Josh swung it on any and every person who he deemed a threat and layed out a good 5 guys before the cops arrived and stopped everything. To their credit, the guys who beat us down wanted nothing to do with the cops and we all got told to go home. We did end up losing our bouncing jobs with the place afterwards, and there's still plenty of bad blood concerning the other bouncers who watched us get our faces punched.

I've never gotten my ass kicked in a street fight before, in fact I've only been in one fight since I've been training. We were at a party, and, that annoying girl in the video I posted (who, was, at the time dating the "ref") was pushed by some drunk guy. After the "ref" confronted him, the drunk dude got into his face, and the next thing you know, my guy head butts him, and they started fighting fight there. Some guy that was high on cocaine tried to jump in, and so I had to jump in. Since I was registered at the time, I didn't want to use my hands. I had trained a little bit of Muay Thai, so I knew a little bit about the Thai clinch. 10 knees to the face later, homeboy looked like Rich Franklin, and I had to leave because someone called the cops.

For being 17 and only boxing for a month you looked pretty slick!

For being 17 and only boxing for a month you looked pretty slick!

Haha, thanks man. I used to get into a lot of trouble, so I guess you could say I got a head start. :icon_chee

Ahhh beatdown stories, my favorite. So growing up, even in the fights that I lost I never really got my ass kicked. That is until my junior year of high school when me and a few buddies went to our friend's cousins house in another town. It was 5 guys and 3 girls and when we got there the house was packed. Things started off well, won a couple games of euchre, laughed with some new friends, then something started happening in the garage. Apparently one of my buddies was challenged to a "keg stand" contest, and he accepted. Long story short, he easily won both times and the other kid took it pretty badly. I guess losing a keg stand is like death to kids in this town cause a fight followed. Like I said, there was 5 of us and easily 10x as many of them. The only thing that saved us at first was that the fight took place in a tiny garage and there were only so many people that fit. Anyways, at one point the fight ended and somehow a friend and I were the only ones left in the garage. Literally had no idea where the rest of our friends were. So as were standing there my friend gets rushed and yanked upstairs into the kitchen. They throw him on the ground and proceed to start stomping. I can't think of anything smarter to do so I run upstairs, swing at the first guy I see, and then join my friend on the floor. Don't remember a whole lot after that but I do know the next day my car had a bullet hole in it. Fun stuff!

in all my 30 years, the only beatdown i ever managed came from the wife

she moves a lot in her sleep and those elbows are vicious

Back