Too Deadly for the Cage

lol @ crossfaces as an example of violence.

Think of it this way -

Take all of the force and violence that gets applied in an MMA match, now apply it to an untrained attacker, and add in the fact that you likely don't really care about jacking up their neck. That's a very different situation. Having applied a guillotine from closed guard in both situations, I can say that even "in the cage", there was still some restraint. That's of course from my very scientific and not-at-all anecdotal evidence of having had to use BJJ in a "real" situation like - twice. In my life. :D

Also - what's a "flying homer simpson choke"? That sounds amazing!

Im not saying your experience isn’t valid. I’m just saying I don’t see it.

The homer choke - dude raged, lunged across the room, grabbed the guy around the neck with his hands and chased him to the wall. Pretty savage.

Not exactly, since in a real fight you might opt to risk eye damage to ensure the finish.

If you are that desperate sure, but lets say you trying to mug someone. It aint worth losing your eyeball over.

But really I doubt many people can tolerate that pain. Plus, letting go of choke or position is not the end of fight. You can still try again, unless you really do lose an eye.

Not true at all. If you go for the eyes in a real fight that will push the enemy to attack illegally too. Whoever is more dirty, wins

The TS is not saying who will win at the end. Whoever fights most dirty from beginning and keeps at it will win.

The homer choke - dude raged, lunged across the room, grabbed the guy around the neck with his hands and chased him to the wall. Pretty savage.

Epic ...

Good luck. If I have your back with a body triangle on and you gouge my eye, guess who's getting both of there eyes gouged out while in a subordinate position? Answer is, you.

Not true at all. If you go for the eyes in a real fight that will push the enemy to attack illegally too. Whoever is more dirty, wins

Reminds me of the ol' groin grab sparring contest on "Enter the Dojo"

First of all, when I saw the title, I naturally assumed this thread was about me. I am disappointed.

Second - yeah, if we're in a (real - in the street and not the cage) fight and I have a deep choke on someone, they are likely going out BEFORE they can get to me eyes. Even if they don't go out that fast, I'm reminded of my favorite Bas Rutten quoute -

"Never escalate the level of violence in a fight you're losing."

I find this true from personal experience.

Back