Too black for Brazil

Islam Imamate

Master of sports in Moderation.
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
There are a lot of race threads recently but most take place in America so here's one that takes place in Brazil. At the very least you guys can peep at some Brazilian Samba ladies.

Cliffs
-Nayara Justino, a black woman, wins the Globeleza contest via popular vote(53%) which means she will act as a sort of mascot for the Carnival coverage on Rede Globo(Largest TV network in Latin America and 2nd in the world) and will be featured in a short clip that precedes any content covering the Carnival
-Once the contest airs she receives a backlash because she's too black
-She is stripped of the position without explanation and is replaced

My impression has always been that in Latin America they are more sensitive to issues of class than race but clearly race is still a point of discussion and controversy over there. How do you think racism in Brazil and in the Latin American context more generally compares of that of the US? Input of Brazilian and Latin American posters would be appreciated.

Also am I the only one who thinks Nayara looks like Anderson Silva?
moca-eleita-Globeleza-voto-popular_ACRIMA20141018_0006_23.jpg

silvavuctory_2271047b.jpg

They are more racist in Latin America, they just get a pass because somehow this stupid meme of Anglos being the worst is perception.

They are more racist in Latin America, they just get a pass because somehow this stupid meme of Anglos being the worst is perception.
Brazil is a bit unique within Latin America. In my experience other non-Brazilian Latin Americans can be pretty racist with Cubans sticking out in my mind whereas I've noticed Brazilians tend to be less racists, which is not to say they're not racist at all as evidenced by this video.

Lol! Has nobody learned that the world is racist? I'm honestly shocked that people are shocked, when they hear racist crap from every race in the world. I know it's hard to see when the media just blasts white on everyone else racism, but it is common among ALL people of this planet. Doesn't mean I don't want it destroyed, but I'm never surprised when I hear about people being racist.

It's more on skin color and phenotypes than anything. Class is a loaded word which those who are afraid to tell the truth say. Girls are also very race conscious at their core although most are unaware of it. In some countries in the world they are aware of it and will almost boldly state their preferences. I'd also agree with @MicroBrew the general far left and Marxist trend focuses on the narrow definition of whiteness as described in Anglo countries. Also, Anglo and those of a specific phenotype are perceived to be the epitome of "white supremacy" in example Germanics. In Latin America you got a lot of whites whom by early WASP/Nordic supremacist outlook wouldn't be called white on the basis of tanner skin, often dark eyes and hair.

White as shown in many 80s films or Caddy shack is the enemy to the radicals. White poor Argentine with darker features and non-Anglo Germanics features is ignored.

Brazil is a bit unique within Latin America. In my experience other non-Brazilian Latin Americans can be pretty racist with Cubans sticking out in my mind whereas I've noticed Brazilians tend to be less racists, which is not to say they're not racist at all as evidenced by this video.

Lol. They are only less racist because 40% of the population is Prado. So they can't come up with typical mainline racial thinking since they are a mix of two races and a hybrid in their own. The black populace will tell you of the racism they receive. People form their own communities as well. Brazil in that regard is also very diverse and unique.

One of the most underrated memes out there is the Argentina is White meme.
076.png

Seems pretty racist and seems like something Nordicists would put out. I know from me elementary research that they redefine the 'white race' to ONLY include their precious Germanic's and those derived from existing groups now encompassed in the Anglo-mixed lands. For example Celts seem to meet their definition but not many Slavs or other European or 'white quantity' or derived individuals. I guess it is the obsession with Hitler and his even more narrowed definition of 'master race'.

06c.jpg

^^ I did find this one really funny though I spit up my drink.

Ive met black Brazilians and they always seem more well adjusted than black Murkans

Lol. They are only less racist because 40% of the population is Prado. So they can't come up with typical mainline racial thinking since they are a mix of two races and a hybrid in their own. The black populace will tell you of the racism they receive. People form their own communities as well. Brazil in that regard is also very diverse and unique.

Seems pretty racist and seems like something Nordicists would put out. I know from me elementary research that they redefine the 'white race' to ONLY include their precious Germanic's and those derived from existing groups now encompassed in the Anglo-mixed lands. For example Celts seem to meet their definition but not many Slavs or other European or 'white quantity' or derived individuals. I guess it is the obsession with Hitler and his even more narrowed definition of 'master race'.

06c.jpg

^^ I did find this one really funny though I spit up my drink.
You're reading too much into it. Some Argentinians used to talk about how much "whiter" their country was compared to other South American nations (because they are), so people started making those memes to piss them off.
That+feel_9885dd_4638800.jpg

I don't want to present the Brazilians as above this, that's just been my impression. I agree, I think their racial diversity does kind of moderate racism and keeps it less overt. I've heard it said that in Brazil its kind of a paradox in that sense that because racism might not be as bad as it is elsewhere it gets kind of swept under the rug and doesn't get addressed at all which has its own issues.

You're reading too much into it. Some Argentinians used to talk about how much "whiter" their country was compared to other South American nations (because they are), so people started making those memes to piss them off.

That doesn't really make sense to me. Who are they pissing off? There are white Argentinians, there are Native Argentinians, and there are mixed Argentinians. Who is the meme directed at?

I don't want to present the Brazilians as above this, that's just been my impression. I agree, I think their racial diversity does kind of moderate racism and keeps it less overt. I've heard it said that in Brazil its kind of a paradox in that sense that because racism might not be as bad as it is elsewhere it gets kind of swept under the rug and doesn't get addressed at all which has its own issues.

Racism in Brazil is different than in Argentina, Chile, Uruguay in that in Argentina and Uruguay you got essential an entire light skinned ('white populace'). In Chile you got 50% white, 50% Mestizos, the Mestizos have high concentrations of European influence more so than in many other Latin American countries. In Peru its mostly ingeniousness one of the few remaining strongholds as is Bolivia but Bolivia is only 60%. Difference with Brazil is the larger discrepancies in skin color, the sizable population of Mulattos, Amerindians, Mestizos Blacks, Asians. Not to mention the large diversity in phenotype even among-st the white populace and Mestizos as compared to say Venezuela, Argentina or Chile. People thinking on a skin color level is what I attribute it to and look but in Brazil its gets masked along 'class'.

That doesn't really make sense to me. Who are they pissing off? There are white Argentinians, there are Native Argentinians, and there are mixed Argentinians. Who is the meme directed at?
White Argentinians, because some of them brag about the fact the country is whiter than other South American countries. So they make those memes to piss off the proud white Argentinians.

White Argentinians, because some of them brag about the fact the country is whiter than other South American countries. So they make those memes to piss off the proud white Argentinians.

I don't really see how that's a diss, but okay. "You may be white, but your country is not completely 100% white, since your ancestors are European but there is a large Indigenous population here!"

I don't really see how that's a diss, but okay. "You may be white, but your country is not completely 100% white, since your ancestors are European but there is a large Indigenous population here!"
I don't know how else to say it. The white Argentinians who brag about being white are being trolled by people making memes about them (Argentinians) being black. The trolls are doing the opposite of their pride, just to piss them off.

Think of it this way - if Saudi Arabia bragged about having no gay people, the trolls would then make Saudi Arabian memes of everyone being gay, just to piss off Saudis.

Racism in Brazil is different than in Argentina, Chile, Uruguay in that in Argentina and Uruguay you got essential an entire light skinned ('white populace'). In Chile you got 50% white, 50% Mestizos, the Mestizos have high concentrations of European influence more so than in many other Latin American countries. In Peru its mostly ingeniousness one of the few remaining strongholds as is Bolivia but Bolivia is only 60%. Difference with Brazil is the larger discrepancies in skin color, the sizable population of Mulattos, Amerindians, Mestizos Blacks, Asians. Not to mention the large diversity in phenotype even among-st the white populace and Mestizos as compared to say Venezuela, Argentina or Chile. People thinking on a skin color level is what I attribute it to and look but in Brazil its gets masked along 'class'.
Like I said earlier Brazil is unique within Latin America. Obviously the linguistics are the first thing most think of but of course as you point out its racial breakdown is also distinct with its own effects.

I don't know how else to say it. The white Argentinians who brag about being white are being trolled by people making memes about them (Argentinians) being black. The trolls are doing the opposite of their pride, just to piss them off.

Think of it this way - if Saudi Arabia bragged about having no gay people, the trolls would then make Saudi Arabian memes of everyone being gay, just to piss off Saudis.

Yeah, I get it, but realistically how many Argentinians take pride in being a predominantly white country?Plus, they technically are. This meme must apply to a few hundred people...

Yeah, I get it, but realistically how many Argentinians take pride in being a predominantly white country?Plus, they technically are. This meme must apply to a few hundred people...
I don't know. I doubt it's some huge majority but evidently there were enough people saying something like this to get trolled.

Sorry for diverting the thread, APM.

Actually its because the anglos went into such efforts to not mix at all.

Pretty much every other european power went, fucked and married the natives, but wherever anglos went they made sure to put up laws against miscegenation, so there is more of a racial divide between said nations.

Argentinians on the internet, you kinda need to grow up in a hispanic society to understand the dynamics of discrimination of that kind.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back