• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Tony's corner was just so terrible last night

XThe GreatestX

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Anyone else notice how worthless they were? No advice despite the fact that Tony was getting hit by the same left hand over and over again. You would think they could have said something to help him out. And no I am not saying that means he wins. But it felt like he was on his own out there.

Meanwhile, I thought Gaethje's corner was excellent particularly after the 2nd when Justin was throwing everything with 100% power which led to him getting dropped, and they told him to calm down and just touch him.

whatever

Anyone else notice how worthless they were? No advice despite the fact that Tony was getting hit by the same left hand over and over again. You would think they could have said something to help him out. And no I am not saying that means he wins. But it felt like he was on his own out there.

Meanwhile, I thought Gaethje's corner was excellent particularly after the 2nd when Justin was throwing everything with 100% power which led to him getting dropped, and they told him to calm down and just touch him.

whatever

Ya they are stupid.

They gave him some fuked up advice

been saying it since the fight was over, 100% bush league corner.

Tony needed crazy Bob Cook screaming at him to change the gameplan instead of Edgy Brah telling him he's doing an excellent job getting his face bashed

Why didn't Tony try any take downs? Tony could have tired him out forcing him to defend take-down and submission attempts.

I think they were as shocked as Tony was at how composed Justin was. Or that his gas tank didn't fail. Or that he didn't blow himself out going for the kill shot over and over again. Or that he had head movement. etc.

He's improved and revised his fighting technique at such a rapid pace, it would have been hard for Tony's corner to adapt.

Why didn't Tony try any take downs? Tony could have tired him out forcing him to defend take-down and submission attempts.

every time Tony stepped in close he ate a short range leg kick or a punch. Justin knows how to defend takedowns very effectively but his strategy was to hit tony 100's of times.

Plus Justin used lateral movement to step back out of range or to the side when Tony came in.

shV6aG.gif

GNhhZU.gif

I disagree. The black guy knew his shit

I honestly believe tony wins a rematc . But why wasnt he prepared. He chose this. Bc he was riding the hype a bit. Gaethje riding that hard work. Perhaps ..

Tony Ferguson is the kind of guy to have Eddie Bravo as his head cornerman for a UFC title fight.

dawg fucking eddie told justin his boxing looked good after the first round. fuck that. bravo, you're fucking insane. tony's lead 2's were his downfall all night. his lead uppercut was seen and timed easily right away by justin, tony's switch power jab kinda thing where he ends up right in the pocket striaght up and does his twirly defense was timed immediately. all tony needed was his jab, and actual timed 1-2 and front kicks. around the second half of the 2nd round we saw this from tony and it was the only success in the fight. justin was ready for tony, tony wasn't ready for justin. we all saw that.

seriously though, tony's rear hand switch jab shit did not work a single time on justin and his corner said nothing about it.

Yeah his corner were terrible.

I’m unsure if it’s because he runs his own team so he’s the boss and they don’t bother.

Perhaps because of how volatile Tony is, they don’t want to tell him the things he needs to hear in case he fires them.

Or it may be that they are so used to him simply out toughing his opponents and thought eventually the tide would turn Tony’s way like it normally does.

Either way, it was all the more apparent given the good advice that Gaethje was receiving from his coach.

Last edited:
yeah eddie bravo told him to go for an iminari roll, fuck that is awful advice

but that's what happens when you fight a true contender instead of washed up old guys
you get OUTCLASSED

look into it, bro
FLAT EARTH TOWER 7 IMINARI ROLL

tony gets lit up the entire round, walks back to his corner and eddie says the following:

"beautiful. you might need to go for imanari though. you're beautiful, man"

world class advice there, eddie. truly.

Don't forget about that legendary Imanari roll.
that was honestly the best bit of advice given to tony all night. Everyone is clowning on it but its at least going to get the guy away from some strikes. the guy was getting fucking smashed on the feet. I don't know if tony had the energy at that point or the ability to take Gaethje down with traditional take down. After round 1 Tony should have been trying to change things up and maybe grapple a little bit make things chaotic, instead he ate bombs for 5 rounds.

tony gets lit up the entire round, walks back to his corner and eddie says the following:

"beautiful. you might need to go for imanari though. you're beautiful, man"

world class advice there, eddie. truly.

IS that really what happened? That's fucking hilarious.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
romanych
Back