Tony Yoka Accepts Filip Hrgovic Fight For IBF Eliminator

Joyce is stuck in the waiting game. He's WBO mandatory so should have got his shot against the winner of Usyk and Joshua but not only did Joshua lose and then initiated his rematch clause but the focus from Fury and Joshua's camps was then on unifying the titles. Fury Whyte should be 23rd of April and Hearn has just mentioned the Usyk Joshua rematch as being in March or April. No date or venue has been set yet. So theoretically Joyce will be waiting until August at the earliest but it's very likely to be a lot longer because of a unification fight. So I'm guessing that Joyce will want to have a stay busy fight whilst he waits just to keep sharp.
since when does the WBO automatically do 2 mandatories in a row? Usyk even without the rematch would be entitled to a voluntary as Usyk was the WBO mandatory when he faced Joshua

And I think his jabbing is underrated. He didn’t care about the boxing against Takam because he could take anything he would throw and he know he’d get to him at some point. But the Joyce we saw against Dubois is no walk in the park for anyone.

I certainly under rated him before the Dubois fight. Or at least under rated his chin. I was sure he was going to sleep.
His jab is constant, as is his pressure. and even though he doesn’t have much pop in his punches, there’s a shit ton of force behind them. I don’t think there’s many contenders that would want to fight him, and personally, I don’t really blame them. There’s nothing worse than beating the shit out of someone, who’s still fresh as a daisy when you’re starting to blow out of your arse!

since when does the WBO automatically do 2 mandatories in a row? Usyk even without the rematch would be entitled to a voluntary as Usyk was the WBO mandatory when he faced Joshua
Ok, I just checked the WBO rules, and apparently it could happen. Usyk will have 12 months to face a Mandatory and in that time he can face a Voluntary as long as they are within the WBO Top 15. So it looks like it's up to Usyk who he fights if he wins but if he didn't fight within 12 months he would have to face a Mandatory, which would be 2 in a row. But as I said it's most likely a moot point anyway because unification is on the cards for the winner. With no unification to get in the way the longest Joyce could wait for his mandatory shot is a year from when Joshua Usyk happens. Sucks for Joyce either way.

WBO REGULATIONS OF WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP CONTESTS said:
SECTION 5. DEFENSE OF THE TITLE
(a) For reasons unique to the Heavyweight Division, the WBO World Champion in the Heavyweight Division shall defend his title at intervals not greater than twelve (12) months counting from the date of the acquisition thereof or from the last compulsory defense as the case may be in a twelve (12) round fight, against the Mandatory Challenger, as determined by the Championship Committee according to these Regulations, unless an exception is made pursuant to these Regulations.
(b) In the interim period, the World Champion may defend the title against any contender classified within the fifteen (15) best by the World Boxing Organization, always with the approval of the World Championships Committee.

Last edited:
Name one successful heavyweight today that doesnt have terrible technique not named Usyk

AJ tried to play chess with Usyk and it cost him

Fury is big and athletic but clumsy
AJ looks a lot better throwing than joyce does, as does fury. povetkin's old ass looks like floyd compared to him. ruiz, ortiz, parker... they all look a shitton better than joe too.

i don't want to turn this into some joe joyce shitfest, but seriously. dude looks horrible working out. he's stiff and robotic and looks like he started boxing 6 months ago.

he wins fights because he is a tough son of a bitch, he sticks to his gameplan and just keeps chipping away, he sets the pace of the fight and he can keep it seemingly for ever, and he's a big lump of a man who can break your face with either hand. he's the definition of a working man's boxer.

if he wasn't so fucking old i'd give him a good shot at getting the belts at some point, but considering who's holding them now, he stands little to no chance.

AJ looks a lot better throwing than joyce does, as does fury. povetkin's old ass looks like floyd compared to him. ruiz, ortiz, parker... they all look a shitton better than joe too.

i don't want to turn this into some joe joyce shitfest, but seriously. dude looks horrible working out. he's stiff and robotic and looks like he started boxing 6 months ago.

he wins fights because he is a tough son of a bitch, he sticks to his gameplan and just keeps chipping away, he sets the pace of the fight and he can keep it seemingly for ever, and he's a big lump of a man who can break your face with either hand. he's the definition of a working man's boxer.

if he wasn't so fucking old i'd give him a good shot at getting the belts at some point, but considering who's holding them now, he stands little to no chance.
That’s what makes him intriguing, he looks like shit but gets the job done, but no I wouldn’t bet on him against the top 3, I do think he beats Hrgovic, Parker and Sanchez who by the way is quiet all of a sudden after he said he was ready for a world title, has he bothered to call out Hrgovic?

Yep he's a prime example of attributes over skills. And he's been unlucky with timing because I think he had a decent chance when Joshua and Wilder were the two champions. I can't see him beating Fury or Usyk.

That’s what makes him intriguing, he looks like shit but gets the job done, but no I wouldn’t bet on him against the top 3, I do think he beats Hrgovic, Parker and Sanchez who by the way is quiet all of a sudden after he said he was ready for a world title, has he bothered to call out Hrgovic?
oh he's intriguing all right. i won't be missing any joe joyce fights, that's for certain.

joyce vs hrgovic would be pretty dope. i think joyce takes a horrendous beating in the first couple of rounds, then puts hrgovic away.

I can’t really separate Joyce and hrgovic. It would be a great fight in the pros
I think he beats Parker, Sanchez and a few others in the top 10. Probably most of them

Back