Tony Ferguson vs. Dustin Poirier

Tony via multiple lacerations across the face

Nah, Tony smokes Dusting in two.

He can no longer cut down to FW.. and has admitted he is even contemplating a move to WW.

So how the hell is he a FW ?

Poirier matches up very well vs Tony.. a swarmer with pinpoint boxing and KO power. If Pettis and Lando can drop Ferg, Dustin sure can and he won't let him off the hook when he does..

Excellent points...

While I could definitely see TF winning a fight with Dustin...

I think the matchup is much closer then many like to think.

Poiriers ground game and wrassling are often overlooked and forgotten about..

While TF’s shortcomings, while very few - Are often overlooked... Which makes sense, dudes on a tear in the deepest division in mma...

But I think this fight would be much closer, if not ending with a Poirier win..

Tony should be able to beat him up but he is getting up there in age. At any point he will begin to look like an old man.

Tony should be able to beat him up but he is getting up there in age. At any point he will begin to look like an old man.
Romero is 43, so Tony has like 10 more years to retire. He can collect 30 title defences till then.

Dustin hits very hard and is very competent on the feet.
He handled Max pressure quite well so I think he can do the same with Tony

I think Dustin wierd defense and power could get him the win
anybody can handle pencil arms' pressure. let alone a gym bunny like dustin. And he still made it very close ffs

Romero is 43, so Tony has like 10 more years to retire. He can collect 30 title defences till then.
Bullshit. Yoel picked up mma in his 30s and has fought 17 times whereas Tony just turned 36 and has fought 25 times in 12 years. No way in hell for Tony to fight with that style and consistency into his forties ....thats an absurd amount of mileage on him. Specially at lw where speed and reflexes are so important... Mileage> age.

You think Jones will still have it by the time he is 35 ? No way. Dc did it cause he was fresh as a lettuce when he was that age.

i think Tony should be favourite vs khabib and he gets the choke/tko via cut in round 4 or 5.
Poirer would have nothing for tony imo. Dusting, while very good is a featherweight.
You kidding, Dustin gained so much weight that he cuts a lot to make lightweight these days.

Dustin's grappling, submissions and wrestling is underrated. I think he wins on the ground and edges Tony on the feet.

Agreed. Tony is a savage but I believe Poirier’s skills are underrated. He has great stand up and pretty good grappling/BJJ.

Poirier almost quit mentally against Max and did against Khabib. I can't see him surviving 5 rounds of Tony.

It's fight that's bound to happen. If Tony beats Khabib then Dustin could soon get back to a title fight against Tony or if Tony loses to Khabib he could face Dustin in a year.

Poirier almost quit mentally against Max and did against Khabib. I can't see him surviving 5 rounds of Tony.
crazy how people seen that fight and thought DP beats tony. i cant see the logic

Poirier TKO via volume.

Tony has no chance vs Poirier.

Poirier resume is superior to Tony too.
I think Poirier wins against Holloway and Gaethje are impressive in itself that lead me to think that he has a chance against Tony.
Khabib is definitely an anomaly, but wins against Holloway and Gaethje is a good win.

Back