Tony Ferguson vs. Bobby Green Would Be A Fun Fight.

Arkridge

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Tony Ferguson looked great last night, a little overshadowed by TJs domination of the "P4P best in the world". He adjusted to Kikuno's awkward style and about 2 minutes in, just started to land at will, the fight was a beat down up until the KO, super fun to watch. Brock Lesnar invited him to train for a reason, the kid has a bright future if he can stay healthy. He's 5-1 in the UFC, only loss being a decision to Michael Johnson where he broke the shit out of his arm with a blocked head kick.

I think a fight with Bobby Green who happens to be on another great streak makes a lot of sense. Both guys are riding some good wins and have bright futures in the division. The matchup makes for a barn burner and could easily headline some FS1 prelims for a PPV, it's definitely a fight to make at 155 imo. Winner would be deserving of a top 10 fight.

What do you guys think?

Last edited:
I just suggested this fight in my matches to make list. Love this fight to death, thought of it the second Kikuno hit the floor.

I just suggested this fight in my matches to make list. Love this fight to death, thought of it the second Kikuno hit the floor.

We think up a lot of the same matches. I kinda quit with my matches to make threads.

We think up a lot of the same matches. I kinda quit with my matches to make threads.

I don't know why but i really enjoy doing it, making matches after UFC events is one of my all time favorite things to do.

I think Bobby deserves a higher ranked fighter, also dont think he would have much trouble with Tony. Bobby is better everywhere imo

Sure, that would be a fun fight.

Just to clarify, Johnson broke Ferguson's arm with a blocked head kick. No hand injury.

I think Bobby deserves a higher ranked fighter, also dont think he would have much trouble with Tony. Bobby is better everywhere imo

How so? Bobby WAS scheduled to fight Jim Miller but his injuries are putting him back a bit. His 3 wins don't look as good as they once did IMO. I think he needs one more before getting a top 10 fight. This is the perfect gateway fight for one of them to make it to that point though.

Back