Tony Ferguson slams Myles Jury, continues Twitter tirade

Oh please. They know each other personally and Jury only just announced the drop in weight its not like he's actually fought in the weight class. We have no idea if the fight was offered to Jury at some point. I get the feeling fighters are turning down a lot more fights than they let on.

Considering he just fight Cerrone, and agreed to Barboza afterwards, I don't think he's scared of or turning down Ferguson.

You got tired of using your drunk excuse, Just admit you got owned moron

lol, I didn't know they had fought yet. I guess that counts as being "owned" on here. Saying I was drunk (while true at the time), was a joke. I think you take this all a little too seriously.

This is my first time hearing of Jury dropping down to 145 lbs. He's too big, the cut will take a lot out of him like with Poirier.

As for Ferguson, I'm going to have to agree with most here. I'd like to see him get humbled. Ferguson vs Pettis would be nice.

lol, I didn't know they had fought yet. I guess that counts as being "owned" on here. Saying I was drunk (while true at the time), was a joke. I think you take this all a little too seriously.

Of course.. We all have our Sher-rep to maintain.

Well, he does come off as dickish but he's just following in Conor's footsteps, everyone's doing it these days. He can keep his mouth shut and have more forum posters respect him, or he can talk trash, make more money and laugh all the way to the bank.

War El Cucuy. Time for a top five opponent, Barboza lost too recently IMO. I really just wish Khabib was healthy, Khabib vs Ferguson for a title shot would be an amazing matchup.

He really is one of my faves in the LW division. His skills show how much of a beast he is. I wanna see the rematch with MJ.

Also, since when is Jury dropping a class? He'll be a giant featherweight.

I hope he tries to find out where someone's child is.

Ferguson has the skill-set to be a true title contender, Ive said it for years. Awesome stand-up, good wrestling defensively and when needed, offensively. Great and creatve BJJ if needed, good chin. I've been expecting him to rise to title contention since TUF, but didn't expect the rise to be this quick, especially after losing to Johnson. He broke his (forearm IIRC) in that fight, early on. He got back on the horse and has been smashing cats ever since. He really is one of the brightest prospects in the UFC at any weight-class, one of those dudes who has it all. He can fight anywhere the fight goes, and win. I expect him to fight the champion by say, mid-2016.

And the whole 'where's your kid at?' nonsense. I have a mate, an avid MMA fan, who would rather see Tony die in the cage than win. Between us Sherdoggers, its blatantly coz his dad left him at an early age and that comment really kicked him in the balls, so he despises the dude. I look at it from a distance - Tony is clearly one of those douches who can't drink for shit, due to being concentrated on athletic purposes and when he does drink, he gets wasted and becomes the dickhead he buried down low by taking the high-road( MMA and taking his aggression out on other things than being bitter about his upbringing)

I don't think he's a bad dude. He just can't handle his booze and has issues. Those issues arise when he's drunk, end of story.

EDIT - Sorry, Im drunk. Just realised I didn't fully address my opinion of Ferguson's dickhead-edness.

I know nothing about his upbringing, but alchohol brings truth from a person.
This is my guess:

- Fergusons dad left his mother when he was very young
- He had a tough upbringing as a result, a mother who was never there due to working to provide for him, and a father who was never there from the start.
- Rader mentioned he was estranged from his chick and child, and that lit a fire under the 'child' who had been retaining anger at an absent father from an early age,getting into fights and embracing combat sports.

"Where's your kid at?"

Last edited:
I didn't like Ferguson for something he did (or said) on TUF and I don't remember what it was.

I think it's stupid and bisping-like to call out lesser opponents. Either you want to be champ or you are just milking paydays by building up all this silly drama

El Cucuy getting on that Conor time.

If you don't see what he's doing then i feel sorry for you.
It's not like he's a bad fighter. He can back up this trash talk and will build himself a money making (for him) feud with someone.

Guys here want to see him get knocked out but I don't see it happening now. Trujillo did hurt him but he has big power for the division.

Ferguson vs Jury sounds good.

Idk why Jury wants to go to 145 right now....

Myles Jury's reply:

@TonyFergusonXT Lol I seen you at reign a while back and you wouldnt even look at me. I got my eyes on bigger prizes then you! #NUFFSAID

There it is. He clearly and explicitly stated in the English language that he's going after bigger prizes first, and then Ferguson. Straight from the horse's mouth.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back