News Tony Ferguson says he will face Michael Chandler in December

Status
Not open for further replies.
How the hell does Chandler beats Tony...Tough welcoming.

Honestly I hope Tony wins, because I'm much more of a fan of him than Chandler.

But i really doubt he does.

Its got potential to be FOTY.
It’s certainly questionable as to how Tony looks in his next fight with his age and the damage from the Gaethje loss, but assuming he still has juice left in the tank and can bounce back in good form, what advantages do you see Chandler having over Tony?? Outside of his wrestling, I don’t see many. I’d give him the power advantage too but I don’t think he’s as dangerous as Justin on the feet. Size advantage, significant reach, durability, cardio, overall striking arsenal, grappling/sub game. His knack for inflicting doctor stoppage level damage. Tony checks all of those boxes and has more ways to win I believe. Both guys are slightly out of their prime imo, so should be interesting.

Good fight and kinda hard to call. Chandler has been broken before with pace (Will Brooks 2) and Tony has been wrestled but he has never lost before because of it. Chandler also might put him out with a good timed punch.

tenor.gif

Tony tore his knee and 5 months later was fighting Pettis and making him look like a bloody tomato. If someone can recover from a beating, that be Tony....He is going to give Chandler a violent entrance to the UFC, a very bloody Christmas present....he is going to miss Bellator after that.

It’s certainly questionable as to how Tony looks in his next fight with his age and the damage from the Gaethje loss, but assuming he still has juice left in the tank and can bounce back in good form, what advantages do you see Chandler having over Tony?? Outside of his wrestling, I don’t see many. I’d give him the power advantage too but I don’t think he’s as dangerous as Justin on the feet. Size advantage, significant reach, durability, cardio, overall striking arsenal, grappling/sub game. His knack for inflicting doctor stoppage level damage. Tony checks all of those boxes and has more ways to win I believe. Both guys are slightly out of their prime imo, so should be interesting.
The advantages I see for Chandler is his power, his speed, and his boxing.

Honestly I see a relatively quick finish via overhand right from Chandler.

I don't see Tony being able to grapple Chandler, Chandlers wrestling is too good.

Cardio yes, but Chandler has fought Benson Henderson twice, who has a similar cardio advantage. We saw how that went. Although, Benson doesn't have the pace that Tony has, so that could be a problem for him.

Chandler is more out of his prime than Tony imo, but I just think Chandler matches up well with Tony.

Anyway, we will see, I hope Tony can bounce back and get the win, but I think Chandler is a bad matchup for him. Someone like Hooker or Dustin are better.

3 rounds, Chandler wins.

5 rounds, it's a lot closer. Chandler probably still wins.

Tony is just too content to fight off of his back, Chandler wont be completely gassed in round 3 like Kevin Lee was.

Even standing, Tony seems to have regressed.

The odds should be interesting.
He'll still get triangled

Imagine chandler walks in and just smokes tony. KOs him stiff in 30 seconds. Would be nuts.

it’s MMA boys don’t forget it anything can happen

The advantages I see for Chandler is his power, his speed, and his boxing.

Honestly I see a relatively quick finish via overhand right from Chandler.

I don't see Tony being able to grapple Chandler, Chandlers wrestling is too good.

Cardio yes, but Chandler has fought Benson Henderson twice, who has a similar cardio advantage. We saw how that went. Although, Benson doesn't have the pace that Tony has, so that could be a problem for him.

Chandler is more out of his prime than Tony imo, but I just think Chandler matches up well with Tony.

Anyway, we will see, I hope Tony can bounce back and get the win, but I think Chandler is a bad matchup for him. Someone like Hooker or Dustin are better.
That’s fair. I think Chandler’s clearest path to victory is definitely an early KO/TKO. Nobody has ever done that to Tony before but Chandler absolutely has proven to have legit finishing power on the feet so it’s certainly not out of the realm of possibility. It’s a fun fight.

Hell yeah! We don't even know how Tony will come back from his last loss, and you absolutely cannot sleep on Chandler, I highly doubt this will be easy. Fan of both guys.

Khabib might change it from 2 fight ago to 1 fight ago, Tony choke you out. Tony choke you out. @Ackmed

Man either Tony is an idiot or the UFC keeps screwing him.

This isn't the fight he needs. He needs a Poirier or McG fight

It was Khabib that said, "Tony Ferguson, he's a stupid guy." Time after time Tony proves it. I'm still a fan though. War el Cucuy!

I might be one of the few here saying this but I think Chandler wins, and I am more of a fan of Tony fr.... But I can legit see Chandler winning

gaethje just lost too.
just lost a GOAT material in a title fight, he should fight Olivera or dustin vs conor winner.

Hooker should fight RDA vs felder winner, especially if felder wins ...

just lost a GOAT material in a title fight, he should fight Olivera or dustin vs conor winner.

Hooker should fight RDA vs felder winner, especially if felder wins ...
Hooker would be fighting Conor right now had he beat Dustin. Im ok with him and justin battle it out for 3rd place.

Hooker would be fighting Conor right now had he beat Dustin. Im ok with him and justin battle it out for 3rd place.
not you ... pls stop with the " ifs " , he just loss, and should fight a lower ranked opponent, that's how it works.

not you ... pls stop with the " ifs " , he just loss, and should fight a lower ranked opponent, that's how it works.
Justin just lost,he should fight a lower ranked opponent,thats how it works.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back