• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Tony Ferguson changed the fight game

I think he would have did much better if not fully retarded. That fully retard did 2 weight cuts back to back for no reason before his imminent downfall with Justin and thereafter.
lol and true. i think in the most recent media day, he talked about almost dying from that weight cut. totally unnecessary. that and those dang auxiliary cords all over the place. shortened his career. who knows though, with USADA gone soon, i think a lot of fighters are going to get their second winds.

Tony gave it all he had in the most genuine way. Respect!!!

even if the fight with khabib happened
theres no way i think he beats khabib

theres a famous explanation by tony hugers before:
tony gonna elbow khabibs face even if khabib is on top
wtf seriously if thats the best option tony wins then hes alrdy fckd up lmao

I might be wrong... it seems like a decade ago. But wasn't he stripped of the interim belt , for playing it safe , and turning down the Max fight... which Poirier won a got to fight Khabib?
Don't forget he also offered to be the backup fighter for the fight he refused and had his belt stripped from.

Tony is the type of guy to interview himself at his own press conference

Tony is the type of guy to say something is classified, then explain in detail the thing he was asked about.

Tony: I’m not here to have fun
Also Tony: I’m here having fun

Tony is the type of guy to do an interview by himself in a dark room and yell “Hold on brother I’m talking” to no one.

After the aftermath of the Justin Gaethje fight it made everyone aware of what can happen if you take an unnecessary fight while waiting for a title-shot. Now we see fighters more willing to sit out and wait for their shot, "playing it safe".
People were aware of this way before that. Tony was aware of it too. He just did it anyway.

The fighters who are sitting out arent thinking about Tony,just adjusting to the money situation they are in. If anything Sean O malley put a bigger light on that than Tony did.

Back