• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Tony Ferguson being a POS

Yes he was always weird and insane but brain damage seems to be making it worse.
I wonder if he's worse or better than raging "where's your kid" and trying to attack a guy he got along with? He may not actually be any worse than he was years and years ago.

Or he might be. Maybe he didn't think he was Jesus back then? Who knows?

respectfully, you don’t know anyone like sean strickland; he’s operating on a level far above which you cannot comprehend. when he ends up financially successful, with a stable family and fulfilling post-fight career, you’re probably going to attribute it to luck, privilege, racist fans, etc. his humility and self-deprecation obscure the fact that he’s a very disciplined guy with a level head and a winning attitude. he’s navigated the pitfalls of life extremely well and made the most of his opportunities. he made it look easy. if you’re betting on his inevitable downfall, don’t hold your breath.
I have to agree with this. Strickland PRETENDS to be an uncomprehending fool but it gives him cover to act intelligently and actually improve himself as a fighter and as a human being. I've seen guys who said similar things to Sean but they didn't have his work ethic or his puposeful misdirection.

He uses his image as a cover so that he has leeway to make mistakes and nobody will criticize him much. It's a smart tactic to give himself space to do real development work, which he clearly has done. Most of the guys I've ever met that talked similarly were undisciplined, lazy, entitled, and bitter. He is jaded, but he's none of those other things, as far as I can see.

lol. Please don't put Tony in with Mayhem, War Machine, etc. Those dudes have serious actual problems.

Tony on the other hand, might have some demons, but most of his supposed "mental illness" is just bullshit, and is just part of the character he puts on.

Tony is smart and knows exactly what he's doing with all this.
Yikes - this won't age well. I'll put $100 on this. Once he retires, we'll see how much is a schtick and how much is legit mental illness.

Werdum is no better. He likes to pick on smaller fighters and coaches. Glad JDS beat him in what was hopefully the last fight for both.
Werdum is no better than intentionally trying to retire a training partner via intentional neck injury for no reason other than sadism?

Are you trolling or do you think their two actions show similarly dangerous personality types?

I literally laughed out loud - I'd forgotten about this. Thanks! What a psycho.
Tony gives off real bully vibes. Fun to watch but not someone I would want to hang out with. There’s too much tension around Tony.

Tony gives off real bully vibes. Fun to watch but not someone I would want to hang out with. There’s too much tension around Tony.
I doubt Tony can "hang out" at all. He has zero chill and is always driven to another thought that results in him saying something that is self-complimentary. Good luck trying to enjoy his company at all. And that's WITHOUT the aggression!

I have to agree with this. Strickland PRETENDS to be an uncomprehending fool but it gives him cover to act intelligently and actually improve himself as a fighter and as a human being. I've seen guys who said similar things to Sean but they didn't have his work ethic or his puposeful misdirection.

He uses his image as a cover so that he has leeway to make mistakes and nobody will criticize him much. It's a smart tactic to give himself space to do real development work, which he clearly has done. Most of the guys I've ever met that talked similarly were undisciplined, lazy, entitled, and bitter. He is jaded, but he's none of those other things, as far as I can see.
i think a lot of what he says is for attention as well. that is, press coverage. headlines. it’s hard to get attention by being normal.

If you watched tuf. Everyone knew Tony’s been a dickhead from the start. Him being a great fighter people ignored him being a dickhead.

If you watched tuf. Everyone knew Tony’s been a dickhead from the start. Him being a great fighter people ignored him being a dickhead.
there were also fighter stories though that trained with Tony and said that he was great, pushed them during training and helped get better. Tony is a dickhead, and a weirdo, but I dig it, since it fits him so well.

i think a lot of what he says is for attention as well. that is, press coverage. headlines. it’s hard to get attention by being normal.
Def true. But to be honest, I'm pretty convinced he's like this in the gym as well. His teammates say this is how he is all day. I think it's a strategy yes, but I don't think it's primarily for the media. I think it's primarily to allow the boy to become the man in all the messy ways he is doing so. To get from his childhood to where he is today is a lot of ground to cover and I think he has a life strategy of presenting himself in ways that give him leeway to make that journey.

When I look at my armchair psychology degree on my wall, I feel confident in my analysis. They wouldn't have given me a PhD in it if I was making it up as I go along. How do you spell PhD, btw?

Yikes - this won't age well. I'll put $100 on this. Once he retires, we'll see how much is a schtick and how much is legit mental illness.

I think you'll find he'll probably keep on with the persona for a while, at least in social media because that's where it will only really benefit him, but ultimately, he'll dial it right down a bit and just get on with his life. He's got his family to keep him busy, and despite what people seem to think, Tony is absolutely not an idiot. He's currently studying business at Harvard lol. He's got money, so I expect he'll busy himself with investing that wisely, which he's probably already doing.

What people don't seem to get with Tony is just how good he is at this stuff. There hasn't been any other fighter who has played up a character as well and as consistently as Tony has in the history of the sport. Dude is genius level.

I think you'll find he'll probably keep on with the persona for a while, at least in social media because that's where it will only really benefit him, but ultimately, he'll dial it right down a bit and just get on with his life. He's got his family to keep him busy, and despite what people seem to think, Tony is absolutely not an idiot. He's currently studying business at Harvard lol. He's got money, so I expect he'll busy himself with investing that wisely, which he's probably already doing.

What people don't seem to get with Tony is just how good he is at this stuff. There hasn't been any other fighter who has played up a character as well and as consistently as Tony has in the history of the sport. Dude is genius level.
Even to the point of throwing holy water on his wife in defense of his little baby Jesus until she had to call the police in fear for their safety!

The guy is VERY dedicated to his schtick, I guess.

Even to the point of throwing holy water on his wife in defense of his little baby Jesus until she had to call the police in fear for their safety!

The guy is VERY dedicated to his schtick, I guess.

Again, who saw this incident, or any of them, other than his wife?

That's the thing: whenever the cops have shown up to respond to one of these incidents, nothing is going on. Tony is completely co-operative and there's never any proof that anything at all happened.

There was one where his dad in law saw it, but that's it. No one even saw him supposedly jump out of a moving car and run crazy across the freeway.

Combine this with his very intentional - and selective - social media game, and I think it's plainly obvious that he's just putting on a character.

respectfully, you don’t know anyone like sean strickland; he’s operating on a level far above which you cannot comprehend. when he ends up financially successful, with a stable family and fulfilling post-fight career, you’re probably going to attribute it to luck, privilege, racist fans, etc. his humility and self-deprecation obscure the fact that he’s a very disciplined guy with a level head and a winning attitude. he’s navigated the pitfalls of life extremely well and made the most of his opportunities. he made it look easy. if you’re betting on his inevitable downfall, don’t hold your breath.
Ok glizzy gobbler lmao

Again, who saw this incident, or any of them, other than his wife?

That's the thing: whenever the cops have shown up to respond to one of these incidents, nothing is going on. Tony is completely co-operative and there's never any proof that anything at all happened.

There was one where his dad in law saw it, but that's it. No one even saw him supposedly jump out of a moving car and run crazy across the freeway.

Combine this with his very intentional - and selective - social media game, and I think it's plainly obvious that he's just putting on a character.

Cooperative like the time he fled from the cops and flipped his car?

Tony is a Just Bleed guy, inside and out. Probably literally. Like inside his skull.

That beating he took from Gaethje definitely had to have scrambled his brains somewhat. I've seen bloodier fights, but i don't know if i've ever seen someone beaten that bad before. I mean he took so many shots and Gaethje was putting some serious power into his shots from what i remember. And then when you consider all the other wars he's been in, or beatdowns he's taken...

I mean, i think he was a POS to begin with, but i'm assuming being a human punching bag isn't good for your sanity.

There have been multiple signs showing that Tony is a scumbag.

His fans will continuously use the "he's mentally not well" excuse every time something negative happens.

He seemed to be Mentally well here :D

Wholesome Happy T-Ferg on the right

FWw1rhUXEAESnG_.0.jpeg

There have been multiple signs showing that Tony is a scumbag.

His fans will continuously use the "he's mentally not well" excuse every time something negative happens.

He's clearly not, doesn't excuse it but that dude has big schizophrenia energy for sure.

Back