Tony Ayala Jr. vs Mario Maldonado

TheRatman

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Just a good action fight.

Dam Tony could have been great.

even after years in prison.. a very old Ayala was still sharp and dangerous at 154

that of course, before he ran into Campas

then he tried to break into a females house and got shot and sent back to jail... the girl was from his same gym and had a casual friendship with him.. he likely was going to try and rape her.. she should have aimed for his head instead of his shoulder..

true story, my parents grew up with Ayala and his family, said they were assholes but my crazy uncle was a good friend of theirs

even after years in prison.. a very old Ayala was still sharp and dangerous at 154

that of course, before he ran into Campas

then he tried to break into a females house and got shot and sent back to jail... the girl was from his same gym and had a casual friendship with him.. he likely was going to try and rape her.. she should have aimed for his head instead of his shoulder..

The Campas fight was quite fun though.

When Ayala finally got out of jail, if you knew anything about his history, you just KNEW he was gonna go back.

Good fighter though.

He had one of those crazy b!t<hes that write to prisoners and get relationships going with violent offenders, and who marry the convict when he finally gets out.
Good lookin' woman, but obviously crazy as a loon.

There's a phenomenon with crazy b!t<hes like that. The worse and more violent the offender and offense, the more crazy b!t<hes write to them.

Some psycho will kill a bunch of women, get sentenced to life or death-row, and then get bundles of fan-mail each week from women around the world. They even send him their picture.

When Ayala finally got out of jail, if you knew anything about his history, you just KNEW he was gonna go back.

Good fighter though.

He had one of those crazy b!t<hes that write to prisoners and get relationships going with violent offenders, and who marry the convict when he finally gets out.
Good lookin' woman, but obviously crazy as a loon.

There's a phenomenon with crazy b!t<hes like that. The worse and more violent the offender and offense, the more crazy b!t<hes write to them.

Some psycho will kill a bunch of women, get sentenced to life or death-row, and then get bundles of fan-mail each week from women around the world. They even send him their picture.

that is interesting because my family did think that fuker was going back to jail in no time. sure enough he was back

Scratch that part "crazy b!t<hes that write to prisoners and get relationships going.."

I went back to look at a few details, and the crazy b!t<h was already living common law with him before the rape conviction.

She did marry him only after he was in prison though.
Then she divorced him also while he was in prison.
Then when he got out, she remarried him again.

Despite how horrific and brutal his crimes were, there she was.

Because Tony was a great prospect and a contender, his people would constantly buy him his way out of the trouble he'd get himself in.

Pulled over for speeding at 12 years old, nothing came of that.
Entering fights on heroin.

When Ayala was 15, he raped a woman at a drive-in in San Antonio.
It was so violent that she suffered a ruptured bladder and vaginal bleeding.
He was given a 10 year sentence but served no time because of a plea from the victim that it was Ayala's 1st offense. He got probation instead.
Of course it came out later that the victim was paid off, $40 thousand, to try to get Tony off the hook with the plea.

Next Tony was arrested for being found in somebody's home in San Antonio.
The complainant chose not to press charges. Does any one really wonder why?

In 1983, 19 year old Ayala broke into the apartment of a woman through a window.
He tied her to the bed at knifepoint, then raped and sodomized her.
The woman's roommate confronted Ayala, but after being threatened with the knife, she got away and called the police.
This is the one he was finally sent up the river for, 35 year sentence, because he was a repeat offender.

He got 35 years because he was already on 10 years probation for the other rape in addition to a conviction for an assault on another woman.

16 years later, he was released and resumed his boxing career in 1999.

In 2000, he broke into a woman's home and she shot him in the shoulder.
It's too bad she didn't get him in the nuts.
The woman trained at the same gym as Ayala.
Anyway, he got another short prison term and probation.

In 2003, he was charged with having sex with a 13 year old girl, but those charges were dismissed.

In 2004, he was given 10 years when pulled over for speeding. No driver's license, heroin possession, and of course multiple repeated probation violations.

Such a waste of a life and a waste of talent.

He still was one helluva fighter.

EDIT:
I have an old Boxing magazine, Knockout, The Greatest Punchers of Our Time, that I bought in 1992. Just dug it out when I saw Ayala's name here.

It had a reprint of an article by Phil Berger entitled "The Odyssey of Tony Ayala Jr: The Rage of the Fighter, The Destruction of the Man."

My scanner just broke about 2 or 3 weeks ago, otherwise I'd scan it and put it up.

Good article, it's probably online somewhere if anyone wants to search and post it.

Last edited:
when someone is that much of a piece of shit I could care less how well they fight. Bottom line, guys with that bad a character usually break before they achieve greatness. I am aware that Lamotta, Dempsey, Johnson, and many many others were reputed to have raped or as Lamotta admitted in his bio he did rape a woman, but those guys had some redeeming qualities and most of these great fighters it isn't clear they raped any of these women. Tyson still insists he didn't rape the girl, Dempsey was known as a kind man by many women who testified in his behalf when his time came, Lamotta, maybe he was trying to sell books.You know, Joe Louis claimed to have almost killed Lena Horne in one of his books, a claim she all but laughed at. This Ayala was not a fighter he was a piece of shit. How you guys run on about how much of a waste is beyond me.

Last edited:
The raging bull who refuses to give up fight with life - Times Online

Lamotta seems like a piece of shit to me.

On one occasion after necking a few drinks he punched his first wife so hard that he thought he had killed her. His first reaction on coming out of his alcohol-induced slumber was not one of remorse but of how the murder might affect his boxing career: &#8220;Beautiful. Absolutely beautiful. A minimum of three years.&#8221; But Joey, his brother, has a plan: &#8220;Throw her in the river.&#8221; It turned out she was alive but unconscious.

Maybe, but oh did he have some heroic and tragic qualities all wrapped into one. Would not play ball with the mob until it became clear that he would never achieve a thing if he didn't. Truly one of the most pathetic cases of a champion that i know of. And I don't believe everything in the book without question, not saying he didn't do some of thse things just saying that he was writing a sensationalistic book full of stuff. It's always hard to get to the truth in biographies.

Kind of a fucked up article too, the writer had a slant before he started, seen it a million times. Sometimes journalists shouldn't even be talked to. don't think I'm equivocating, I'm not. Perhaps he did rape, perhaps he did almost kill, perhaps.... I know from reading many biographies how the truth is so difficult to get to. I think with Ayala, it's much clearer and how.

Tony Ayala Jr was a beast of a fighter. Too bad there aren't any more like him today (as a boxer...not as a person) other than Pacman.

deleted

Last edited:
The girl who shot him in the shoulder should have unloaded the gun on him. Then got another gun and unload that into his face. Rapists should all get instant death sentences. He is a scumbag. He got out of prison last yr and is probably planning his next rape victim as I write this. Scumbag

I remember reading loads of articles about him, then finally got a bunch of his fights on tape around 15 years ago.

Color me unimpressed. I really didn't see what all the hype was about. He was an aggressive fighter, but I wasn't wowed by any of the footage.

Back