Tony and Lando meet again

Lando looked like a future contender in that fight, then sadly came crashing down to earth really fast. He really feels like wasted potential, Uriah Hall esque.

That was a crazy debut despite losing. Wish he was more serious about not allowing himself to get hit tho, that has cost him a lot in the ufc.
Ironic coming from a guy with Mike Perry as his av. Priceless.

Lando looked like a future contender in that fight, then sadly came crashing down to earth really fast. He really feels like wasted potential, Uriah Hall esque.

Its sad he flopped. 1st 2 fights he had contenders for ROTY, FOTY and then KOTY with the wheel kick against Makdessi

He was 9-1... And now hes 11-5-2 and dropped a weight class <DCrying>

It's crazy how old Tony is now and his career is still in so much of a better place than Lando's is.

giphy.gif

Lando deserves an award honestly.

'Most hilarious unsuccessful strike attempt prior to being countered.'

I think his fight after the Tony fight where he spin kick KO'ed the Canadian guy? I don't remember exactly, but yeah I thought he was gonna be the next star..

When Reebok shorts was introduced was their a brief period when they went back and forth on events, because I seemed to remember this fight or one event right after where fighters wore their own shorts again?

Legend tells tale that teh LEGION OF GROOVE waz born that very night. :cool:

R5VDDgI.jpg

<LOG call list>
145 lb. Groovy on deck TONIGHT!!!

shoop-groovy-shiva-in-2-gif.854802

shoop-bwr-groovy-magic-energy-gif.854803

Attachments

• Shoop-Groovy-Shiva-IN-2.gif
    Shoop-Groovy-Shiva-IN-2.gif
    1.2 MB · Views: 33
  • Shoop BWR Groovy magic energy.gif
    Shoop BWR Groovy magic energy.gif
    768.2 KB · Views: 32
Heh, that's nice :) Lando and Tony are cool.

And their fight was one for the history books - made me a permanent fan of Lando's (already was onboard the Tony wagon)

Nice clips and stuff, all! :)

Too bad Lando's best UFC fight was a loss. I really thought he would have a better run.

I think more in hindsight this showed how absolutely hittable Ferguson was to have a fight against Lando be back and forth and excited and not a clinic on his part

Lando was whoopin that ass that fight. Tony was a warrior for pulling thru all of that

Lando has the foundation of a high end fighter but he's never been able to refine his game enough to compete with better technicians at 155 but also doesn't have enough power. If he happened to be a bigger dude who fought at 185+ with the same skill set he'd be dangerous as hell because of the extra size giving him extra power. Of course then you have to speculate on whether his chin would hold up but still it's an interesting thought. It'll be interesting to see him at 45 but not sure if it'll be the answer either.
Lando and Bobby Green are both very fun to watch and very creative but somehow their flare and entertainment value does not translate to consistent victories.

But these are the type of dudes I would prefer to have in the UFC than potentially miss their fights elsewhere. So long as they are able to stay competitive and aren’t taking undue damage.

Back