Tomahawk training

wheelkick

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
We just recently incorporated some tomahawk work at our school. WOW is all I can say. That is one devastating weapon. Without another weapon to counter it it's almost unstoppable. You cant block it. It comes from strange angles. Even a slight glancing blow is a fight stopper. It flows so well with kicking techniques especially spin kicks. Anybody else out there train with one?

I will now. Sounds like a great tactic for a self defense system!

We just recently incorporated some tomahawk work at our school. WOW is all I can say. That is one devastating weapon. Without another weapon to counter it it's almost unstoppable. You cant block it. It comes from strange angles. Even a slight glancing blow is a fight stopper. It flows so well with kicking techniques especially spin kicks. Anybody else out there train with one?

Not yet, although it's part of the Kali system I train in.

I'm thinking of buying a Cold Steel Norse Hawk; it's almost identical to the weapon used by Robert de Bruce, King of Scots, at Bannockburn. De Bruce killed an English Knight with a single blow of his short-handled battle-axe. The blow was so powerful it split the Englishman's steel helmet, skull and face completely in half!:eek::cool:

War Robert the Bruce!:icon_chee

Chosen weapon of the Army Rangers. There are a lot of practical uses for a tomahawk in combat. Everything from breaking down a door to splitting skulls. That is awesome you guys are training with them.

Back