Tomahawk training

Discussion in 'Weapons and Tactics' started by wheelkick, Sep 3, 2010.

1. wheelkick

wheelkick Blue Belt

We just recently incorporated some tomahawk work at our school. WOW is all I can say. That is one devastating weapon. Without another weapon to counter it it's almost unstoppable. You cant block it. It comes from strange angles. Even a slight glancing blow is a fight stopper. It flows so well with kicking techniques especially spin kicks. Anybody else out there train with one?

2. EMAMMA

EMAMMA White Belt

I will now. Sounds like a great tactic for a self defense system!

3. KnightTemplar

KnightTemplar Halloween Belt Platinum Member

Not yet, although it's part of the Kali system I train in.

I'm thinking of buying a Cold Steel Norse Hawk; it's almost identical to the weapon used by Robert de Bruce, King of Scots, at Bannockburn. De Bruce killed an English Knight with a single blow of his short-handled battle-axe. The blow was so powerful it split the Englishman's steel helmet, skull and face completely in half!:eek::cool:

War Robert the Bruce!:icon_chee

4. Armycombative

Armycombative White Belt

somewhere between hell and a hand grenade
    Chosen weapon of the Army Rangers. There are a lot of practical uses for a tomahawk in combat. Everything from breaking down a door to splitting skulls. That is awesome you guys are training with them.