Tom Skerritt vs Tom Selleck

Is MASH any good? I loved Tour of Duty, is it similar?
I have never seen Tour of Duty. MASH was a dark comedy with as many good lines as Caddyshack. About being drafted into the Army to be a doc in Korea during the war. Tom Skeritt, Elliot Gould, and Donald Sutherland were the 3 main characters. All the suck that is war, and they are just trying to keep their sanity/humanity alive. One of the best movies ever made, IMO. Skeritt was great in his role. He seemed to just disappear after that for decades.

tenor.gif

Is MASH any good? I loved Tour of Duty, is it similar?

MASH, both the series and the movie, aren't much like Tour of Duty. Tour of Duty was deadly serious, like a TV series of Platoon, as much as that could be accomplished on network TV at the time. MASH is a dramedy. I would say the best comparison would be something like Kelly's Heroes or Catch 22. Maybe Stripes or Air America or Good Morning Vietnam.

Anyway yeah it's pretty good, one of Altman's better movies.

I have never seen Tour of Duty. MASH was a dark comedy with as many good lines as Caddyshack. About being drafted into the Army to be a doc in Korea during the war. Tom Skeritt, Elliot Gould, and Donald Sutherland were the 3 main characters. All the suck that is war, and they are just trying to keep their sanity/humanity alive. One of the best movies ever made, IMO. Skeritt was great in his role. He seemed to just disappear after that for decades.

Skerritt disappeared after MASH? Alien and Top Gun were his signature roles in 79 and 86. And he did other stuff like The Turning Point, The Dead Zone, etc.

Jake Plummer's shitty mustache was pretty notable during it's time.
jake-plummer.jpg

Back