Todd Duffee says he was one day away from signing a kickboxing contract

soccerkick666**

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
http://fightline.com/fl/wire/2013/0106/wire166/46268/

apparently Todd was signing a contract to kickbox one day after the UFC contacted him to fight at ufc 155.

he wasn't saying k1 exactly and said he would be in holland and thailand, but still do you guys see duffee being actually competitive in kickboxing? or kickboxing at a k1 level?

sorry if this thread has been started I didn't even check past first page.

I don't think he would do well in kickboxing, chin is suspect after receiving life altering blows at the hands of Michael Russow.

Duffee would get mauled against any half decent kickboxer. Good thing the UFC got to him before he went to fight kickboxing.

Being a semi-name and entering in a pro kickboxing tournament isn't a good thing. He'd get fed to top guys.

I'm glad that Duffee's back, he went through so much shit in the past 2 years. He's still a top prospect if you ask me.

Wouldn't have been surprised if it was with K-1. They're desperate.

he wasn't saying k1 exactly and said he would be in holland and thailand, but still do you guys see duffee being actually competitive in kickboxing? or kickboxing at Glory level?

Fixed that for you.

The other thing you gotta think about is that if Todd Duffee couldn't get an MMA contract, what gives? Did he demand more $$$, was Bellator or whoever just not interested in him for some reason or is kickboxing more lucrative than bellator or mid level mma shows?

I don't think he would do well in kickboxing, chin is suspect after receiving life altering blows at the hands of Michael Russow.

I honestly thought he was dead. Hammerfist of doom was uncalled for.

The other thing you gotta think about is that if Todd Duffee couldn't get an MMA contract, what gives? Did he demand more $$$, was Bellator or whoever just not interested in him for some reason or is kickboxing more lucrative than bellator or mid level mma shows?

These are all good questions. I thought Duffee burned his bridge with the ufc from what Dana said. Apparently asking waaaay too much money.

Don't know and don't care about that but I hope he does well in his return to the UFC. He is a sharp prospect that has alot ahead of him and is till very young. Looking forward to his next fight when he get a full camp.

It wouldn't have been pretty. Hes got the KO power but he would get dominated on technique alone.

Not hating, but can't have been much of a contract given he's on 8 + 8 with UFC... Glad he got KO bonus though.

I don't think that Duffee would have done very well...

He also said on the MMA Hour he was gonna sign with another MMA promotion the week UFC offered pretty sure it was WSOF. People were telling Ray Sefo on twitter to sign him.

As long as we never have to see a rematch with Russow. Russows follow up doomfist was the most devestating shot I have ever seen. I threw up in the bathroom for about 15 minutes afterwards trying to get the the doomfist out of my head but I just couldn't....it was to brutal.....

I think he made ​​the right choice, and props to him for his KOTN on his return.

Back