Todd Duffee made 10/10 his last fight @ UFC 181

Now imagine if he fought more than once every 2 years

giphy.gif

The problem is Duffee is difficult to depend on. He cannot even fight once a year.

So what? Is that supposed to be not enough for an unranked fight?

He signed the contract, he knew what he was going to get.

Going to Bellator is a step backwards.

He tried that before and he got cut for his troubles.

No knockout of the night bonus that night? They just didn't want to pay him!

I don't see the problem to be honest. He was in his second fight into the contract no?

Nobody bought the PPV to see him and if he keeps winning like that he'll get more money.

Is this guy going to re-negotiate his contract soon or go to Bellator?

Todd Duffee: $20,000 ($10,000 to show, $10,000 to win)
Anthony Hamilton: $10,000
Duffee def. Hamilton via knockout

Source: http://www.mmamania.com/2014/12/8/7353175/ufc-181-payouts-salaries-ruthless-tops-hendricks-vs-lawler-payroll-nsac-mma

If I couldn't make it into work for 2 years and showed up they would tell me go fuck myself. Hell, the place I work at would replace anybody within a few weeks and never look back. 20k aint bad considering he probably would have fought for free just to prove he still can fight after such a long layoff. Heavyweight is not deep. If he keeps it up he will see a nice raise on his next contract but it isn't unreasonable to expect him to prove himself first.

Although it did suck for him the post-fight bonus structure was changed or he probably would have got KO of the night

I was thinking the same thing.

I think the UFC should hand out bonuses for every finish.

I do too. They do it on TUF yet not in the events, it makes no sense to me. It was bad enough where if someone got some crazy KO early you pretty much knew it wasn't going to be topped but now that they changed up the structure they just arbitrarily give it to whoever they want. They gave Petis' little brother and the guy he fought fight of the night for the early prelim and I actually went back and watched it a second time to see if I wasn't paying attention during parts. It really was nothing special, just a tough-fought fight but not some war or some crazy fight. I think they just wanted to show some love to Sergio to make big brother happy.

Back