Today's Khabib vs prime Tibeau

TheBulge

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Everybody knows about this infamous fight. How does the wrestling aspect go today? Tibau outwrestled Khabib. Took him down twice and incredibly, blocked all of young khabib's TD's.

7WtqGj7.gif

cWpCevc.gif

But Khabib has improved over the years, there's no question about it. Every single aspect of his grappling(with the exception of slams) has improved.

It's almost physically impossible to prevent him from taking you down eventually, there's so many ways he can do it now. But against superhuman strength and balance that was Tibau? Discuss.

Last edited:
Prime Khabib > any form Tibau has ever taken. You know this.

And I think anyone who think Tibau won for sure is trying too hard. But only barely more than those who think the unanimous 30-27 decision for Khabib was a reasonable outcome.

And I think anyone who think Tibau won for sure is crazy. But only barely more crazy than those who think the unanimous 30-27 decision for Khabib was justified.

This is really about the wrestling. I never said he beat Khabib, I just said he outwrestled him and I'm asking wether today's Khabib can handle him in the wrestling department.

But yeah he did beat Khabib, now that you're asking.

And I think anyone who think Tibau won for sure is trying too hard. But only barely more than those who think the unanimous 30-27 decision for Khabib was a reasonable outcome.
It was a pretty clear 29-28 Tibau

Although, unlike most people, I saw this fight as it happened and am not scoring in hindsight like all the biased Khabib fans.

Khabib is a much better fighter now, and especially a way better striker. Islam ko'd Tibau on the feet lol

Everybody knows about this infamous fight. How does the wrestling aspect go today? Tibau outwrestled Khabib. Took him down twice and incredibly, blocked all of young khabib's TD's.

7WtqGj7.gif

cWpCevc.gif

But Khabib has improved over the years, there's no question about it. Every single aspect of his grappling(with the exception of slams) has improved.

It's almost physically impossible to prevent him from taking you down eventually, there's so many ways he can do it now. But against superhuman strength and balance that was Tibau? Discuss.
Tibau outwrestles Khabib easily. In the fight it might be closer since Khabib's striking is much better now.

Khabib wasn't at AKA when he fought tibau. Now it would be a massacre.

Honestly, I think it's a big factor that Tibeau didn't know enough about Khabib to be scared of him. He was just fightign some dude named Khabib, but Gathje was fighting THE Khabib. A reputation like that does a lot of work for you.

Tibau was only the second fight of Khabib in an octagon

This is really about the wrestling. I never said he beat Khabib, I just said he outwrestled him and I'm asking wether today's Khabib can handle him in the wrestling department.

But yeah he did beat Khabib, now that you're asking.
The debate is old and tired. But wrestling, yes, depending on the rule set of course, I also think tha Prime Khabib (NHB) wresting/grappling was better than Tibau’s ever was. Freestyle or other rule sets, who the hell knows.
~~~
What was hilarious to me was folks trying to say that Khabib retired having never lost a round. They tried to claim on one hand that he shouldn’t have lost Conor round 3, and on the other hand point to judges official scorecards against Tibau to prove he lost none of those 3. When pointed out that they can’t have their tiramisu and eat it too, they only got more defensive, heh. Good times.

Last edited:
Khabib had Tibau up against the fence just swinging haymakers most of the time while Tibau just turtled up from what I remember. The mistakes from this fight helped Khabib ascend anyway and Tibau went on to do roids and recede that hairline some more so

Khabib 1 Tibau 0

Khabib is light years better now. His grappling is on such a different level than when he first started. That said Tibau was a fucking tank with great wrestling and bjj plus juicy af.

Khabib is much better now I think he would get a deserved 30-27.

Not only has Khabib improved skill wise but his physique is also far better than back then. He is has a solid 10-15 pounds of additional lean weight and is much stronger.

pathetic that people expect absolute perfection

dude got taken down big whoop

dude was in a close call fight big whoop

Back