Today I learned there was a UFC 7.5 or Ultimate Ultimate 1995

The real JG

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
So there's a 7.5, 37.5 and no UFC 151.

So UFC 199 should have multiple threads where people post bogus cards with 3 title fights plus a GSP/Conor superfight?

"Ultimate Ultimate"... Conor has bitched about the marketing team recently, but it looks like they have made a lot of progress since 1995.

I think they originally planned for the Ultimate Ultimates to be their big annual show. Like their Super Bowl. Where all the winners fight each other. Now they try to say every upcoming fight "is the biggest fight ever."

"Ultimate Ultimate"... Conor has bitched about the marketing team recently, but it looks like they have made a lot of progress since 1995.

We need to get back to PPVs being called "Full Force" or "Knockout".

So there's a 7.5, 37.5

And 11.5, a.k.a. Ultimate Ultimate 1996 (one of the GOAT UFC events, though I wish Ken didn't break his hand); 15.5, a.k.a. Ultimate Japan 1, where Sakuraba famously fought Conan twice and Randy got his first belt; and 17.5, a.k.a. Ultimate Brazil, where Frank Shamrock throttled John Lober and Vitor blitzed Wand.

After a while, they got tired of the .5 gimmick, but ironically, a lot of the .5 cards were stellar events with legendary fighters and fights.

I think they originally planned for the Ultimate Ultimates to be their big annual show. Like their Super Bowl. Where all the winners fight each other. Now they try to say every upcoming fight "is the biggest fight ever."
yea the ultimate ultimates were the winners and runners up from previous tournaments only.
there was also a UFC 37.5 so the numbering had been fucked for a while but the two cancelled cards actually put it back in order

yea the ultimate ultimates were the winners and runners up from previous tournaments only.
there was also a UFC 37.5 so the numbering had been fucked for a while but the two cancelled cards actually put it back in order

And a 11.5 and 15.5

I think they originally planned for the Ultimate Ultimates to be their big annual show. Like their Super Bowl. Where all the winners fight each other.

Less the winners fighting each other and more determining the #1 contender for the Superfight title. Severn lost to Royce at UFC 4, Ken and Royce draw at UFC 5 in the first Superfight, that leaves the title up in the air. Royce leaves, so Ken is obviously in, and then Severn wins the Ultimate Ultimate and he gets the shot at UFC 6. Frye winning Ultimate Ultimate 96 fucked things up a bit since Severn was his mentor and he had the belt, but since Coleman had won the previous two tournaments and beat Frye in the process, he got in for the Superfight at UFC 12.

Once all that shit worked itself out, they evidently just said fuck it and decided no more Ultimate Ultimates. It was fun while it lasted, though.

So there's a 7.5, 37.5 and no UFC 151.

So UFC 199 should have multiple threads where people post bogus cards with 3 title fights plus a GSP/Conor superfight?
176 was supposed to be Aldo vs Mendes 2 and was also cancelled

It's so strange to be a fan of MMA in an era where the old school UFCs can no longer be assumed to constitute shared knowledge. Maybe it's just Randleman dying and my nostalgia kicking into overdrive, but it's sad to think how many fans are watching Conor and Ronda who haven't seen all the classic fights from The Beast, The Predator, The Hammer, The Monster, etc. But they're all out there, waiting to be discovered.

And 11.5, a.k.a. Ultimate Ultimate 1996 (one of the GOAT UFC events, though I wish Ken didn't break his hand); 15.5, a.k.a. Ultimate Japan 1, where Sakuraba famously fought Conan twice and Randy got his first belt; and 17.5, a.k.a. Ultimate Brazil, where Frank Shamrock throttled John Lober and Vitor blitzed Wand.

After a while, they got tired of the .5 gimmick, but ironically, a lot of the .5 cards were stellar events with legendary fighters and fights.

In Handy's book, he said that the UFC brought him in with the intent of both Mo Smith and the Monster to just absolutely beat the dick off of Handy. He was supposed to be fodder.

To anyone that wants to see it, Handy vs. Mo Smith was pretty damn boring but Monster vs. Handy was pretty good. Kev definitely won the first 2 rounds.

Obviously we need to bring back the .5's then. Someone get on the horn with the Fertitta's. I know there's some shills lurking around here somewhere.

In Handy's book, he said that the UFC brought him in with the intent of both Mo Smith and the Monster to just absolutely beat the dick off of Handy. He was supposed to be fodder.

To anyone that wants to see it, Handy vs. Mo Smith was pretty damn boring but Monster vs. Handy was pretty good. Kev definitely won the first 2 rounds.
There was something really strange about reading "Beat the dick off of Handy".

Back