• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Mayberry Chat Thread V5: Dogs are the best

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Delicious...

A selection of items from the linked article

BAR OF SOAP

ROLLING PIN

"WENT TO SIT DOWN IN THE BATHTUB AND SAT ON A PLASTIC BOTTLE OF BUBBLE BATH THAT WENT INTO HIS RECTUM”

“HAVING TROUBLE GOING POOP SO HE PLACED A MECHANICAL PENCIL IN HIS RECTUM. PT NOW UNABLE TO REMOVE. PENCIL IS STICKING OUT.”

TOWEL WITH A SOCK OVER IT & GLOVE OVER THE SOCK

people talk and believe in and live their lives seeking, and fight wars over their conception of an omnipotent and omniscient god and yet I have trouble believing such a deity would make something so fragile and broken as humans.

For example, any comic book writer given 10 minutes and some coffee can create a being far superior to anything god has put out in the entirety of creation.

if he is omniscient why do I have ass hairs? Is their some purpose to me retaining a small sticky smelly amount of my own waste that will eventually stain my clothes and cost me money replacing them? Would an omniscient being make such a basic design mistake?

I admire people of faith who put that faith to good work on earth.

i don't admire those that take faith to certainty and use their beliefs to try to force orthodoxy on others through coercion or violence.

Hypocrites that preach the word then sin for years then fall back on the forgiving nature of the new testament god also deserve special punishments if there is an afterlife.

I get the Blaise Pascal arguments- "“If god does not exist, one loses nothing by believing in him anyway, while if he does exist, one stands to lose everything by not believing.

but I find it cynical, which means it must be because I am cynical to a very high degree, and that if I had to face god she would call me on the selfishness and falsity of my so called belief and then I'd have to try to bullshit her.

I also think there can be harm in believing that everything is either pre-ordained or in the hands of the guy that made me so if I don't breathe every five minutes I die horribly. Again a huge design flaw.

I first read this quote from Hunter S Thompson but don't know if it is his originally....

"Pray to god but row away from the rocks"

I think Hunter > Blaise

The older I get the more amazing I think this song is and the more amazed I am it did not cause more controversy when it was released-

Sermon is over, will Y'all help me put the snakes back in the box?

Back