To the hillbillies who thought Shevchenko would beat Roxy

Since hillbillies is an American term wouldn't the "hillbillies" have picked Roxy to win? I thought the perception is that hillbillies don't like foreigners. Anyway, Merica is all I have to say about that fight.

th

I wouldn’t call them hillbillies. More like snobs.

There was a legit argument to be made that Antonina Shevchenko would beat Roxy. Even maul her. But I suspect the vast majority of you picked Antonina because:

(1) She's prettier
(2) She looks more athletic
(3) She's taller
(4) She's related to Valentina

Never mind the fact that:

(1) Roxy Is way more experienced
(2) Roxy has the grappling edge
(3) Roxy has only been KO'd ONCE via a Rampage slam (not by strikes)
(4) Antonina the striker is a decision machine in MMA, kickboxing, etc.

Fro every FrankieNYC (RIP) there are a hundred beerbelly incels posting here.
I think most people picked Antonina because we know what Roxy's ceiling is as someone with the "I'm just happy to be here mentality" while Antonina's ceiling wasn't as clearly defined

Both the sisters are decision machines and massively overrated by the sherdog pervs.
Valentina isn't overrated IMO. Her fight against Julianna Pena showed she is an excellent striker and has a great ground game. She handled Pena on the ground and outclassed her. Subbing Pena when she was supposed to be a far better grappler was impressive.

She also took Nunes to a split decision despite giving up a lot of size. Nunes is no joke and Schevchenko is a 125er for sure.

Nah, I think the hillbillies would have thought Roxy would win. More their type.

to be fair i didn't know schev had absolute dogshit TDD, losing to roxanne is so fucking embarrassing lmao.

Yeah I was thinking Shevchenko was just gonna pepper her tbh, wasn't expecting that low level of TDD

Roxy > Sarah D'Alelio > Amanda Nunes > Cris Cyborg > Holly Holm > Ronda Rousey > Miesha Tate

Roxy is Female GOAT confirmed based on MMA math

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back