To an admin: Please stop the Corrupt/Abusive Boxing forum mods.

n3wb13

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
I have had several threads deleted in the boxing forum, all of which were relavent to boxing. If it were a simple question i posted that the allmighty mod in question thought wasn't good enough eye candy to the boxing only fans to post on that forum, so be it.

I had a relavent mod posted this morning about Anderson silva vs. RJJ, and naturally, when i get back home it's gone. There was no hint of trolling whatsoever, in fact, i said RJJ would beat him, yet i guess they go apeshit if anything is deemed to rock the fragile cradle that is the sport of boxing.

Probably being to optimistic assuming one of the admins will read this, but this had to be said.

Corrupt and abusive? lol

Fantasy match-ups, especially MMA vs. Boxing ones are not welcome in the Boxing forum. Nor are they welcome in the HW's or Contenders forum either as they tend to attract the kind of rhetorical arguments that go nowhere and lead to people losing their accounts. Typically they're moved to the Wasteland, but that's at any Moderator's discretion.

This is perfectly within Moderator rules of conduct, and has been standard practice for quite some time.

I agree about fantasy matchups, but this specific matchup has a lot more weight behind it than someone talking about Mike Tyson vs. Fedor, for example. Silva has talked about giving boxing a try, and has also talked about fighting RJJ in a boxing match. Does it have to be announced for it to be OK to discuss?

I agree about fantasy matchups, but this specific matchup has a lot more weight behind it than someone talking about Mike Tyson vs. Fedor, for example. Silva has talked about giving boxing a try, and has also talked about fighting RJJ in a boxing match. Does it have to be announced for it to be OK to discuss?

Silva's boxing trainers have told him that with 5 to 6 months of straight boxing training he could beat RJJ. Personally, I would not have deleted this one because of (like this poster wrote) Silva is dead serious about this. To me fighting RJJ in a boxing match is a terrible idea -- but I guess this isn't the best place to talk about. No joke, post it in the wasteland. There are a ton of great posters there who are sick of the bullshit of the other forums (nothing to do with mods.) I had a run in with KK a few years ago but I think he is cool and a good poster, him not agreeing with your post doesn't mean he is disrespecting you, it just means he made a judgement call. Don't take it personal.

P.S. I am serious about the Wasteland-- I pretty much exclusively post there now. If you start the thread I will contribute to it. Dave Meltzer wrote about this subject in the 3/10 observer newsletter

hmm, seems theres at least one similar thread to the one i had deleted posted up. maybe because he started bashing silva right off the bat is why it wasnt "removed". maybe the ts is a regular poster in that forum..hmm.

This isn't a fantasy match-up, its a nightmare for all of mma. The guy whose pretty well regarded as the best p4p mma guy getting completely mauled in 4 rounds or less (I'm being nice) would set the sport back a ways.

Back