to all vet grapplers

Knight721

White Belt
Reaction score
hey guys, Got a few questions for some of the veteran grapplers/ fighters on the boards here

1. what does your strength training regiment consist of?

2. What do you personaly do to maximise the efficiency of your recovery time not training?

3. what does your diet consist of?

im currently training bjj 3 times a week soon to start boxing as well, within 2 weeks, my diet consists of high protien and carbs, my current lifting regiment is very bodybuilder esque and im fairly certain this is the incorrect way to train for fighting,

Thanks in advance
Knight~~

I do lighter weight with more reps, swimming, more resistance exercises, and try to do exercises that compliment grappling positions.

I also do alot of stretching and when I can a seroius yoga class 1 to 2 times per week.

I try to just eat healthy and stay well hydrated and if I am on the run take a good supplement. Basic stuff like try to eat no white bread, white rice, white sugar, just drink water ect

I have been traing awhile now and this has kept me relatively healthy and able to train consistently.

Since I am getting older I have added fish oil, greens, msm ect for preventative care but not sure how well it works.

I do lighter weight with more reps, swimming, more resistance exercises, and try to do exercises that compliment grappling positions.

I also do alot of stretching and when I can a seroius yoga class 1 to 2 times per week.

I try to just eat healthy and stay well hydrated and if I am on the run take a good supplement. Basic stuff like try to eat no white bread, white rice, white sugar, just drink water ect

I have been traing awhile now and this has kept me relatively healthy and able to train consistently.

Since I am getting older I have added fish oil, greens, msm ect for preventative care but not sure how well it works.

I wouldn't consider myself a "vet" (only 2 years of training time), but what you've described is pretty much the same for me. The only difference is that there aren't any Yoga classes in my area, but I do use several different Yoga stretches mixed in with regular stretching each day.

People at work crack on me all the time because I carry a gallon jug of water with me and drink from it all day.

I do strong man type workouts if I do anything, and

prolly a bad diet but I am working on it

I do strong man type workouts if I do anything, and

prolly a bad diet but I am working on it

Back