To all the annoying 'Brock doesnt deserve it' people

He doesn't deserve it, but title shots aren't given out based on merit. This isn't a sport. It's prize fighting. The draw ALWAYS gets favortism, because they put butts in seats. It gets pretty old seeing people rage out because they think this shit is about honor or bushido, or whatever other little kid fairy tale concept.

This is a BUSINESS. Grow the fuck up. You think the hardest worker or best worker at your company makes the most money and gets the most opportunities? Only if he coincidentally is also the one bringing in business/profits. Welcome to the real world. This isn't a fucking cartoon.

when a person can get a title shot from beating denis siver than any one can get a title shot

So many 'hardcores' are annoying serial complainers. "UFC is dying" "Brock doesnt deserve the TS"

Really?
You using a Fail Tronnen video as an argument ?

Bork doesn’t deserve it.
Its a fact.

He is a huge cash cow and WME have to pay those Billions.
IDC,UFC became a cheap version of the Org. DFW used to make fun off.

when a person can get a title shot from beating denis siver than any one can get a title shot
Yep. Brock got his first shot when he was 1-1 in the ufc. In fucking 2008. People act like this is something new. Couture got a shot coming off of a loss. So did Diaz. People that sell get more opportunities.

For some reason people act like prize fighting should be all based on merit. Well that isn't how things work in reality. They're a business. People that sell have ALWAYS gotten more opportunities.

The thing is that nobody cares do you care about the match. Brock will bring so much more money than those guys you listed would.
and yet, you won't see a fucking dime of this money, so what exactly is your motivation?

To all the annoying "it brings in money fans", because I refuse to believe your fans of the sport, what exactly has you creating threads and defending this bullshit this way? You ain't seeing any of the money the UFC will bring in, what is motivating you?

And its also telling you're not exactly discussing the fight, because you have no idea what the hell kind of fighter Brock is. His record sure as hell can't tell me anything.

Just sad... The way some people defend this shit... Disappointing....

He doesn't deserve it, but title shots aren't given out based on merit. This isn't a sport. It's prize fighting. The draw ALWAYS gets favortism, because they put butts in seats. It gets pretty old seeing people rage out because they think this shit is about honor or bushido, or whatever other little kid fairy tale concept.

This is a BUSINESS. Grow the fuck up. You think the hardest worker or best worker at your company makes the most money and gets the most opportunities? Only if he coincidentally is also the one bringing in business/profits. Welcome to the real world. This isn't a fucking cartoon.
I wish it was a sport. I should be a sport. The fact that people don’t see it as such is the problem.

I wish it was a sport. I should be a sport. The fact that people don’t see it as such is the problem.
I wish it was a sport too. And I used to get mad like some of the people itt. But I've been watching a long time now, seeing guys like Brock, Diaz, Conor, get shots they have no business getting. The Fertittas seemed to care more about legitimacy, or at least the appearance of it, than WME does. It's only about the best guy getting a shot when that lines up with making the most money. Chael was a good example of that.

And we can go back over a decade, and it was still that way. the reality is it will NEVER be a sport without a fighters union. And the ufc will fight like hell to prevent that for as long as they can.

Why wouldn't he say that, he talked his way into fights too when he didn't deserve it. Sonnon is a fake just like brock. Crazy how all the roid heads stick up for the other roid heads.

zzzzzzz...

A guy getting a title shot coming off a drug suspension (and being 0-2 in his couple fights before that) is a special kind of desperate. Of course it isn't a surprise given how the UFC run things but that doesn't invalidate peoples criticisms of it either.

I'm okay with Lesnar's title shot. I will watch it. I'm just concerned what will happen if Lesnar wins. If he defends it against top challenger everything's fine. But if just leaves, it will be bad for the sport.

Quite frankly...who deserves it then?

Why not Lesnar.

So many 'hardcores' are annoying serial complainers. "UFC is dying" "Brock doesnt deserve the TS"

I for one think DC should fight whoever he wants.Ok maybe not CM punk but people are crazy if they don't think Lesnar could come out and win. Will he? My money is on DC (he just made me $175 btw) but lesnar still has a chance. We're talking about a guy who's entered the octagon with very little mma experience and by all means was actually pretty dang successful. Now, was Brock's path to the title easier....? of course it was but at the end of the day he beat couture, mir, carwin, Hunt (with an *), heath herring. I mean that's a pretty good resume for somebody who jumps into the ufc off of 1 fight. Brock is also a huge fan draw, and I for one will still buy into his fights just to see what happens.

It's like the maymac fight-> we all had a pretty good idea who would win but we still tuned in didn't we? Because it's not always about the outcome, it's the uniqueness of a fight that draws us.

And yea I'm tired of everybody that has the "new information" that the post fight was an act Saturday night. Of course it was, and Lesnar did it nicely.

he deserves it on merit and on business. he is a ufc legend who defended the belt twice and then went down with diverticulitis. hes not some nobody who was ranked 16th when he left. he went out more or less on top. It's like if Ali came back after an 8 year hiatus. he would get an instant title shot. Doesn't fucking matter if it's been 8 years

I for one think DC should fight whoever he wants.Ok maybe not CM punk but people are crazy if they don't think Lesnar could come out and win. Will he? My money is on DC (he just made me $175 btw) but lesnar still has a chance. We're talking about a guy who's entered the octagon with very little mma experience and by all means was actually pretty dang successful. Now, was Brock's path to the title easier....? of course it was but at the end of the day he beat couture, mir, carwin, Hunt (with an *), heath herring. I mean that's a pretty good resume for somebody who jumps into the ufc off of 1 fight. Brock is also a huge fan draw, and I for one will still buy into his fights just to see what happens.

It's like the maymac fight-> we all had a pretty good idea who would win but we still tuned in didn't we? Because it's not always about the outcome, it's the uniqueness of a fight that draws us.

And yea I'm tired of everybody that has the "new information" that the post fight was an act Saturday night. Of course it was, and Lesnar did it nicely.
That’s arguably a better resume than DC...

zzzzzzz...

A guy getting a title shot coming off a drug suspension (and being 0-2 in his couple fights before that) is a special kind of desperate. Of course it isn't a surprise given how the UFC run things but that doesn't invalidate peoples criticisms of it either.

Well who said they can't criticize it? It's the acting like they don't understand the business reasons at all, or like this hasn't been how they've operated for a long time, that is silly.

He's not saying that. He's saying whatever sells to the casuals WILL be what is booked. Under the Fertittas they didn't give a shit about merit. Doubly so under wme, which has to make back over 4 billion dollars.

You really think they care what hard cores want, we're a tiny fraction of the fanbase

But this doesn't change the fact that Brock doesn't deserve it.
We all know why they'll try to put it togheter and we can all understand.

But neither TS, nor his video, gave a reason to why he deserves it.
Plus, Brock is not a novelty anymore. People already saw him, he's beatable, he's not the top guy.

Anyways, at least Cormier will make some good money, so in that case Chael is right.

Back