TMZ: Doctors baffled by Nunes, find nothing wrong with her, but she insisted she was ill

Nunes is pregnant. Din Thomas is the father.
Would the baby look more like Michael Jackson then or less? In all seriousness, I know a lot of Sherdoggers posted they didn't care for this fight, but I was really looking forward to it. Hope Nunes feels better soon and we get to see this fight sooner than later...

Brazilians are renowned for their ability to smell defeat in advance. This incident gives her time to write up an excuse.

Fighting is a lot mental if she doesnt want to, people shouldnt force her.

You'd have to be a fucking idiot to think she pulled out because she was scared to fight Sevchenko.

Not scared to fight her, but she could be scared of losing her belt.

We all saw her crumbling in the third round of the last fight.

She was well enough to cut all of that weight and look like a skeleton on the scale which leads me to believe that it is due to her weight cut.

And where do we draw the line between not feeling well and actually being sick enough to legitimately pull out of a fight?

Is this like calling in sick to work and needing a doctor's excuse to avoid being fired? Because apparently no doctor was willing to give her an excuse to not show up to work.

What are her symptoms? There are lots of tests to determine this. Infection? Check for elevated white blood cells, fever ect. Kidney Stone? Do a CT Scan.

They draw labs and have results within an hour. If nothing is out of the ordinary then she is full of shit and is deciding not to go to work.

An ER physician would have ordered, usually regardless of symptoms, a CBC, Chem 20, UA, beta-HCG, and probably a UDOA to start with and then depending on her symptoms they would have ordered additional testing (ABG if worried about arterial pH balance). Fairly easy to rule out that of which you mention. I don't know what is up with Nunes but the diagnoses/conditions of which you mention are easy to diagnose and those tests, when ordered in an ER, take at most a hour (usually less) to get results.
Yep, she won't get admitted unless something is off which the tests would likely show. The ER docs probably got pissed she wasted their time.

Could be, but generally these panels are accurate for the majority of the population. For someone without a history of anything this doesn't look good on her part.

I don't care about the fight but Nunes doesn't strike me as a ducker. So I'm not going to crucify her so quickly without more info. But yes, feeling like crap because of a rough weight cut would be a shitty reason to pull out.

Saw the predicted numbers and had a Diaz epiphany that it would only be worth it to fight a domestic Ronda or Cybro

This is bullshit. There should be a third party doctor the UFC brings in and checks them over. If nothing seriously wrong = they fight.

Headache, sore throat, bit lethargic, nausea = too bad. Some fighters front up no matter what is wrong!!!

If this is true strip her.

Lol I'm glad Nunes pulled out now the soldier of God gets his rightful main event. wmma is like the opening band nobody goes to see but watches because it starts before the real show anyway.
That was my main event as well. I agree that Nunes title fight could've been a great co-main for something... like maybe it could still happen at 214? but main eventing international fight week seems just as out of place this year as it did last year.

I don't care about the fight but Nunes doesn't strike me as a ducker. So I'm not going to crucify her so quickly without more info.
Eh, it just looks bad IMO on her part but I do feel I'm jumping the gun a bit before a lil more info leaks out. Just speaking from experience with people who come to the hospital and nothing is wrong with em.

Whatever but is she busy to help me reconstruct my 50 DraftKings teams? I could do with some free labour

That was my main event as well. I agree that Nunes title fight could've been a great co-main for something... like maybe it could still happen at 214? but main eventing international fight week seems just as out of place this year as it did last year.

Women title bouts she be FP card headliners or FS1 prelim headliners.

Eh, it just looks bad IMO on her part but I do feel I'm jumping the gun a bit before a lil more info leaks out. Just speaking from experience with people who come to the hospital and nothing is wrong with em.

I edited my post to say that it's quite possible that she just feels drained from a rough weight cut. In which case, pulling out is really lame.

No way she pulled out without a good reason. Especially once she found out that she had a 41" leg reach advantage.

Amanda_Nunes_vs._Valentina_Shevchenko_2.jpg

Not scared to fight her, but she could be scared of losing her belt.
^^^^I think this is it and she realizing that at 135 she might not get it back if she loses to Valentina. And I'm pretty sure she wants no part of 145.

I wonder what happened. I really doubt she was scared. She is losing out on a lot of money by canceling.

Back