TJ's wins are incredible but his losses are always against opponnents that should be an easy win

Diogenes of Sinope

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Incredible wins over Garbrandt, prime Barao, Lineker.

meanwhile he always loses to underdogs:

flyweight Cejudo, Long Layoff Cruz with Corpse legs, 5 ft, 2" flyweight John Dodson.

Also when he fought Joe Soto, a last minute replacement an dMASSIVE underdog, he looked pretty bad..

I wonder if its a psychological thing.

btw im not disrespecting TJ, I love him as a fighter, Its just a strange recurring pattern.

Is it tj that loses every 4?

Brb checking record

He makes the losses seem worse with his reactions to them. There is no shame in losing to the guys he did (when he did). But he makes an ass out of himself trying to deny reality.

4 wins and a loss! As my 5 year old would say “I found a pattern!”

that's fucking stupid thing to say

Dodson: TJ was green as fuck and it looked like an early stoppage
Asusncao: very very close fight that many people thought he won and later avenged
Cruz: Another very close decision that many people felt TJ won, despite the long lay off Cruz was clearly at a high level
Cejudo: though KO, it happens to the best like Aldo and GSP, it sure looks bad but I would not consider it "embarrassing"

and the Soto fight was like 1 day freaking notice, let's not forget how Cormier didn't exactly looked like a killer against an out of couch Silva, Tj is also one of those guys who heavily relies on gameplans, so changing opponents is not joke for them

He makes the losses seem worse with his reactions to them. There is no shame in losing to the guys he did (when he did). But he makes an ass out of himself trying to deny reality.

Popped in to say precisely this. ;D

There is no shame in losing, but his comments following the losses to Cruz and Cejudo suggested delusion. If the situation with Cejudo were reversed, he'd be completely satisfied.

These some controversy and debate surrounding his losses

The splits could have went either way (i thought he won vs dom but lost vs assuncao),
and a quite a big amount of people think the Dodson and cujedo tko’s were early stoppages (I don’t think either were personally)

The loss to Dodson was when Dodson was actually good and way before TJ became a good striker

Putting Saturday night aside, thats not really fair and you could use that example for a lot of fighters. The Cruz fight was a split decision which I didn't agree with and he was champ but I thought he just landed the more telling blows in a close fight. Tough to reference Dodson fight - what was that? 9 years ago or something like that....... at that point ,he wasn't even evolving yet as a fighter.

Just my 2 cents.

easy win from the minds of idiots who dont know anything about fighting

TS found out TJ's mental hole via Wiki/fight finder.

He mentally breaks against underdogs.

So simple and elegant, it has to be true.

Back