TJ vs Cody. Who takes it?

NationWideNinja

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
This is a fight I'm definitely looking forward to, but I dont see a clear path to victory for TJ here. His striking is good against the more classic flatfooted styles, but against someone like Cody he's gonna have a hard time, he was already struggling against Cruz(and yes i know that styles make fights and mmamath doesnt work). His takedowns get sprawled on, his unorthodox striking gets countered hard, and he doesnt have the power to finish it immediately if he does connect. Not to mention Cody's insane speed.

I say Cody by TKO.

Buttt still gotta say its a super interesting fight, and cant wait to see what TJ manages to do.

TJ I think. Excellent fight by the way. This fight could still go either way.

I hope CoGar beats the Snake. But TJ would be a bigger challenge for him than Cruz.

Tj gets knocked out by Garbrandt again

Damn, now that's a fun fight. All these fake UFC contrived stars n fights. At first thought, Cody wins a war and gets revenge for TAM. But TJ and Bang know him well, as they know him. Great fight.. Ah

I think TJ would do a better job than Cruz did, but I also think Cruz would do a better job in a rematch. TJ wouldn't fight overly cautious the way Cruz did.

Interesting call, how do you envision it happening?
Dillashaw has very good timing on his takedowns and chains them with combinations.And i think he will not try stand with him like Cruz did and will take him down and sub him.

Cody is the real deal. He'll be able to keep it standing up and he will clip TJ more than vice versa. But I can't wait for the fight.

I would favor Dillashaw slightly. Cruz and Dillashaw are very similar though I felt Cruz looked like he has lost a step since his last fight, along with the fact that Garbant's timing was excellent. After the Cruz-Dillashaw fight a lot of people summed it up as Cruz is the better version of Dillashaw. I think Dillashaw is the better version of Cruz now. The speed is still there and I think his shooting ability and takedowns are superior to Cruz. He will give Garbrant a lot more to think about that odd-angle punch flurries.

I would favor Dillashaw slightly. Cruz and Dillashaw are very similar though I felt Cruz looked like he has lost a step since his last fight, along with the fact that Garbant's timing was excellent. After the Cruz-Dillashaw fight a lot of people summed it up as Cruz is the better version of Dillashaw. I think Dillashaw is the better version of Cruz now. The speed is still there and I think his shooting ability and takedowns are superior to Cruz. He will give Garbrant a lot more to think about that odd-angle punch flurries.

Dom did look kinda slow and sluggish, but im not sure if that has anything to so with him having lost a step or Garbrandt just being that insanely fast.

This is a legit Superfight. I think this will end up being a trilogy as well.

TJ why else would Cody be asking for a rematch he knows TJ is the better man.

Tacitcally for me though Cruz is the more limited, basically getting people to chase him, landing some looping punches and maybe slipping in a takedown if they get wreckless is his game every fight. Dillashaw I think has more variety to his game standing as well as being a better wrestler.

You look at the Barao fights for example and Dillashaw was constantly looking to get on the inside and punish Barao's more questionable boxing, I actually think Cruz would have had a lot more trouble as Barao would have been given the space to work his kicking game. Last night though vs a dangerous brawler with a good chin just the opposite, Dillashaw stays on the outside and times kicks.

Cardio could also become more of an issue, Cody has a big weight cut but Cruz never really forced him to fight at a fast pace for a prolonged period.

Back