TJ Stock ..

I disagree. He's got as good a claim on it as Cruz. What their fight told us, if anything, was that there is very little skill gap between these two.

Lol? What are you basing this "feeling" on?

Dillashaw's loss to Cejudo showed us that Cehudo is not to be trifled with, that Dillashaw is too brittle at 125, and that Dillashaw is a poor loser. He's still the 135 lb king.

I mean I respect that, and I know it was a split decision loss that some folks thought TJ won, but to me it's gotta be on paper to cement, sorta like Gus vs Jones 1. Yes, Gus won in my eyes but I'm not going to go around parading on here saying he was the unofficial champ. I'm a fan of TJ's, I think deep down he is a good guy, but I'm realistic in the sense that things should be true to history and 2 judges gave his Cruz fight to Cruz. It's sorta like "it is what it is". But I do agree, there was very little of a skill gap, just Dominick being a little more evasive and winning on points.

I mean I respect that, and I know it was a split decision loss that some folks thought TJ won, but to me it's gotta be on paper to cement, sorta like Gus vs Jones 1. Yes, Gus won in my eyes but I'm not going to go around parading on here saying he was the unofficial champ. I'm a fan of TJ's, I think deep down he is a good guy, but I'm realistic in the sense that things should be true to history and 2 judges gave his Cruz fight to Cruz. It's sorta like "it is what it is". But I do agree, there was very little of a skill gap, just Dominick being a little more evasive and winning on points.

I agree with your take, and I wasn't treating TJ like the uncrowned champ or anything. That gets tiresome to me. But when seriously weighing the two fighters, their fight tells me they are very evenly matched.

I agree with your take, and I wasn't treating TJ like the uncrowned champ or anything. That gets tiresome to me. But when seriously weighing the two fighters, their fight tells me they are very evenly matched.

And he might even beat Cruz in a rematch this time, that is totally possible, and imo who knows when Cruz will hit that plateau of age and accumulated injuries? Nothing so far has suggested that, but sometimes with these guys it happens just like "BOOM" and now everyone is saying he or her is old and out of their prime. DC could hit that wall if he rematches and loses to Stipe, people I guarantee will saying he only lost 'cause he's 40 years old. But yeah, I do want to see a rematch between them.

1. You ducked the question. What are you basing your "feeling" that Dillashaw's hold on 135 is shaken?

2. Cody schooled Dom. Barao was a champ with several defenses. Assuncao is a damn good fighter.

Don't get me wrong. Dom is a great fighter. He built his BW legend by beating Faber, Benavidez, and Johnson. Bowles was a solid win too. At least half his best wins were natural flyweights. If you want to claim Dom was the Bantamweight GOAT, I have no strong objection, but no way he's head and shoulder about Dillshaw.

I didn't duck your question. He's not the BW King because Cruz was and is still the BW King. Also, him losing to Cejudo makes his stock plummet as a draw in the UFC and as a BW regardless of the weight cut and how much of that affected his chin.

Back