Tito vs Hendo in the works for Golden Boy MMA 2

It's actually an interesting fight, if true.

I've always thought Tito was too big, too strong, too consistent at his wrestling for Hendo. For all of Hendo's wrestling credentials, he gets out wrestled in MMA by non-wrestlers.

Jesus fucking christ...

They need to sign Vitor as well, have him fight Rashad Evans or some shit. Bring back Liddel while we're at it, let's do Chuck-Franklin II. Book a fucking tournament.

Golden Boy MMA Geriatric Grand Prix
925185928.jpg.0.jpg

Tito said hes definitely retired on ariels show. That didnt even last a week

Chucks parapalegic looking self managed to come close to tito with his "power" punches a few timew during that shitshow of an event. If hendo can knockdown bisping twice who has way slicker head movement then titos plodding self will get ko'd into the shadowrealm. Hope this doesnt happen tho i dont want goldenboy to grow anymore.

I actually don't hate this matchup. If these 2 old dudes want to fight then let them fight. At least it appears more competitive than Chuck vs Tito III.

Isnt that 200k number from Tito saying he hopes it does atleast that much?

and isnt Hendo retired under UFC contract?
IIRC hendo's fight contract ended vs Lombard, then he signed a 1 fight deal for bisping win or lose.

Which makes me wish that wedw have seen Hendo vs Chuck 10 years ago.

This is actually a pretty compelling match-up. Hendo is faded but has shown he can still be competitive against older fighters (Lombard, Bisping), while Tito is the larger and more physically imposing man (at least on paper; everyone who's laid hands on Hendo talks about him being weirdly dense and strong).

Tito/Chuck made me feel bad because Chuck seems legitimately shot and likely brain damaged and had no business un-retiring, but I'm genuinely intrigued by Tito/Hendo.

Last edited:
Tito/Chuck made me feel bad because Chuck seems legitimately shot and likely brain damaged and had no business un-retiring, but I'm genuinely intrigued by Tito/Hendo.
But, but ... Brain damaged? and Tito isn't?

For those who haven't seen it, Hendo's last competitive outing was a good-natured submission grappling match against Jon Jones:

He was 207 lbs and Jones was 238 lbs, so it goes about the way you might expect, but he throws up a little armbar at one point and Jon – like everyone else – comments on his weird strength. Didn't look too out of shape, either.

Wouldn’t be a bad headline for their second show. Find an interesting co-main, some good storyline fights, maybe a crossover athlete, and lower the price. Check those boxes and they might do better than the first one.

Back