Tito Ortiz slugged by WEC veteran David Terrel during New Year's Eve brawl in Vegas

Frank23

Enter Sandman Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
David Terrel is 7-7 as a pro fighter and this is his account of what happened on New Year's Eve between him and UFC Hall of Famer Tito Ortiz. It's a long read.

"I was all over the place for New Year's but towards around 3 or 4 in the morning I was at a nightclub called Drai's with a group of friends. To get in the club there's this huge line around these ropes, so it's really hard to get in. We had got in because we were getting a table, so we were inside the ropes.

"Tito shows up and he goes to the rope, opens the rope up - which you're not supposed to do - and lets him and his group in. The host comes over and says "hey, you're not supposed to do that." So he starts name-dropping himself, "I'm Tito Ortiz." And the two guys working there are "well you still can't do that."

"But Tito purposely did that to get next to me to try and punk me because we obviously don't like each other. I helped train him for his fight with Shmelenko in May and then he ended up doing one of my partners dirty so we had a falling out.

"I talked Bonnar into going to Bellator to fight him after that and was now onBonnar's team. Tito didn't like that. And there was a bunch of stuff said back and forth on social media. So when he saw me he tried to get as close to me as possible, which is why he went through the rope.

"So then [the nightclub's staff] told him he had to go behind us because we were there first, so as he walks by me and I nod my head like 'what's up' but I didn't saying anything. He stopped and he said 'motherfucker, don't say what's up to me.'"

"So I said "What's up? You want to fight?" And then he swung on me.

"I slipped the punch and then fired on him with a right--left hook combo and I backed him up and then he swung. And it happened so fast. People started to grab him to break it up and then he tried to shake everyone off him and then he got cracked by someone else. And then I remember security was trying to take him down and I got behind him and grabbed him a round the neck. Kind of like I was going to get him in a rear naked but I didn't put a choke on him. I pulled him to the ground and I said "Yo! Chill. Relax. Kick back." And then it stopped.

"A mutual friend of me and Tito told me to leave before the cops came. I remember looking back and seeing him with a big, bloody lump on his head.

"I don't think he was drunk, but you'd think he was on something to act that way. That was totally unprofessional. We are two pro fighters. I wouldn't think in a million years he'd do some shit like that in front of the public. He's like signed with Viacom, you can't do that shit.

"It was just crazy that he went out of his way to get near me and swung first. Hell, I just wanted to go to Drai's but Tito fucked that up."

Several other individuals have told Bloody Elbow they were also witnesses and could confirm most of Terrel's account.

Read more:http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2015/1/2...ortiz-bar-fight-david-bionic-terrel-exclusive

What is your reaction to this?

Last edited:
David Terrel is 7-7 as a pro fighter and this is his account of what happened on New Year's Eve between him and UFC Hall of Famer Tito Ortiz. It's a long read.

What is your reaction to this?

Sounds legit, Tito seems like an ass sometimes. When your drunk a guy who shouldn't beat you in a fight often beats you in a fight.

Knowing Dave Terrell he probably got injured from that scuffle

I can't wait for this fight to headline Bellator's next card.

Oh cool, Bellator's first shoot!

Also speaks volumes that someone close to 40, married with multiple litters of children is going to nightclubs, which isn't that bad in itself, but name dropping, "don't you know who I am?" and worst of all starting fist fights and taking swings at people!

What is that monster basketball sized filled with, a cranial tumor, a meoptic suture that never stopped growing? Certainly not exponential axonal growth and neuroplasticity gone wild from accelerated learning and lifelong passion for education.

The Huntington Beach Badboy has returned.

How many times does Tito have to embarrass himself and act like a prick before he gets tired of looking like a punk?

He's like signed with Viacom, you can't do that shit.

Come on, Terrel, this is the (short-lived) Coker era: the more of a circus sideshow, the better. Not only can you do that, it's probably encouraged.

MMA fighters getting into a fight at a nightclub???

Never......

Back