News Tito Ortiz says Cain Velasquez fight is on the table: ‘If he can make it to 210, I’m in’

champbless2

Seraldo Babalu
Banned
Reaction score
O noo,this cant be real

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2019/11...-patron-del-rio-combate-americas-mma-news-wwe

Cain Velasquez may not be completely done with MMA, according to Tito Ortiz.

Ortiz spoke with Bloody Elbow ahead of his fight with Alberto El Patron at Combate Americas on Dec. 7. ‘The Huntington Beach Bad Boy’says a fight was pitched between the winner of Ortiz vs. Alberto and former UFC heavyweight champion Cain Velasquez.

“It’s not a one and done deal with Combate. I signed a three fight, two year contract with them. So there will be a fight after,” Ortiz said. “Campbell [McLaren] actually talked to Cain Velasquez and he said he’d like the winner of this. If Cain Velasquez can get to 205, I’m in. If he can make it to 210 I’m in.”

Ortiz is coming off a vengeful first-round TKO of longtime rival Chuck Liddell. The fight took place at Golden Boy Promotions’ inaugural MMA event. Liddell entered the cage at 48-years-old opposite Ortiz’s 43. Many were disappointed with Liddell’s performance and argued ‘The Iceman’ had no business still competing. As far as Ortiz is concerned, the victory was sweet as candy.

“It was everything I wanted it to be. Yeah, I wish it had happened earlier,” Ortiz said. “I went 3-1 in Bellator. I choked Chael Sonnen in the first two-and-a-half minutes. I felt great, I felt really good. With Chuck, with having that win over him—I told him not to do it. He said, ‘No, don’t tell me what to do. Just show up to the fight, ‘cause I’m going to knock you out.’ If I say no, it shows Dana [White] may have been right when he said I was scared to fight Chuck, which is all BS. At the end of the day I’m not afraid to fight any man.”

loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool

Tito is a husk of a husk.

What the fuck. Of all the fights to make a weight class for, this is the one?

for the UFC Geriatric championship of the world

Last edited:
does Tito have a death wish? anyways I think Cain has a contract with WWE, and if he decides to go back to MMA he has to fulfill the remainder of his UFC contract (unless its up) ...Tito is trying to stay relevant. Beating an out of prime Chuck, and fighting a WWE guy in MMA next doesn't mean he can hang with Cain.

Battle of the big ass Mexicans with big ass heads.

in wwf?? or in mma? if tito says mma it would be easier to fight in hws lol, i bet the are not going to fight

A battle to decide who’s one of the best light heavyweights of the night.

Tito trolling everyone these days. And it is working.

<{Joewithit}>

The fight would be more like Cain vs Cain's body.

Cain would make his his fight with Bigfoot look like a pillow fight compared to what he'd do to Tito.

<JagsKiddingMe>

Lol. If Cain can lose 30 lbs, then cut a bunch of weight in top that, he could get the chance to take on 45 year old Tito in some off brand promotion. If Jon Jones can make 155, Artem is willing to fight him in BKFC.

O noo,this cant be real

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2019/11...-patron-del-rio-combate-americas-mma-news-wwe

Cain Velasquez may not be completely done with MMA, according to Tito Ortiz.

Ortiz spoke with Bloody Elbow ahead of his fight with Alberto El Patron at Combate Americas on Dec. 7. ‘The Huntington Beach Bad Boy’says a fight was pitched between the winner of Ortiz vs. Alberto and former UFC heavyweight champion Cain Velasquez.

“It’s not a one and done deal with Combate. I signed a three fight, two year contract with them. So there will be a fight after,” Ortiz said. “Campbell [McLaren] actually talked to Cain Velasquez and he said he’d like the winner of this. If Cain Velasquez can get to 205, I’m in. If he can make it to 210 I’m in.”

Ortiz is coming off a vengeful first-round TKO of longtime rival Chuck Liddell. The fight took place at Golden Boy Promotions’ inaugural MMA event. Liddell entered the cage at 48-years-old opposite Ortiz’s 43. Many were disappointed with Liddell’s performance and argued ‘The Iceman’ had no business still competing. As far as Ortiz is concerned, the victory was sweet as candy.

“It was everything I wanted it to be. Yeah, I wish it had happened earlier,” Ortiz said. “I went 3-1 in Bellator. I choked Chael Sonnen in the first two-and-a-half minutes. I felt great, I felt really good. With Chuck, with having that win over him—I told him not to do it. He said, ‘No, don’t tell me what to do. Just show up to the fight, ‘cause I’m going to knock you out.’ If I say no, it shows Dana [White] may have been right when he said I was scared to fight Chuck, which is all BS. At the end of the day I’m not afraid to fight any man.”

if cain signs to fight tito, I will lose all respect for him...he retires from the ufc, not wanting to fight anymore...so now he's going to fight some bum in tito? no way...too much of a pussy to stick around and fight top guys in the ufc, but will go elsewhere and fight bums? no respect left, if he does this.

Tito Ortiz - ‘If he (Cain Velasquez) can make it to 210, I’m in’

giphy.gif

I got my first real six-string. Bought it at the five-and-dime. Played it 'til my fingers bled. Was the summer of '69. Me and some guys from school
Had a band and we tried real hard. Jimmy quit, Jody got married. I should've known we'd never get far. Oh, when I look back now
That summer seemed to last forever. And if I had the choice, Yeah, I'd always wanna be there. Those were the best days of my life
Ain't no use in complainin', When you've got a job to do, Spent my evenings down at the drive-in, And that's when I met you, yeah
Standin' on your mama's porch, You told me that you'd wait forever, Oh, and when you held my hand, I knew that it was now or never
Those were the best days of my life

I'm not even sure I like Tito's chances against Cejudo.

Old Mature, mature old and VERY fast Tito wrecks one-legged, post starvation diet, sea-level, t-shirted Cain in an actual fight.

the funny thing is that tito would destroy cain at this point

don't forget tito destroyed ryan bader, the current P4P king

reminds me of when Tito offered to be a late replacement opponent for Fedor, but at a unrealistic catch weight

Back