Title Gel World Bag Glove Review

F

FightFan322

I grabbed a pair of these a few weeks ago, since my everlast high performance training gloves weren't cutting it, especially for bag work. I ordered a pair of them in large and i chose the red/white colored ones. They arrived about 5 days later.

My first impression was that these were some nice quality gloves. The leather is obviously of good quality, you can tell by the smell and feel. It's soft, but not too soft...the leather feels just right. The gloves are also fairly heavy, i'm going to guess atleast 16 oz. maybe 18 oz.

The fit of the gloves is awesome, the d-ring allows you to tighten them plenty so you get good wrist support. The knuckle area fits nicely too, it is very easy to make a fist in these...and they aren't even broken in.

The gel lining is one step above from anything i've tried, it's a very soft and smooth material (feels like the fabric that gel mouse pads are made out of). It seems to stay cool even when i'm sweating alot. It also seems to add a little cushion to the gloves for an even better feel.

The knuckle protection is like no other, it looks to be atleast 2 inches thick...maybe 2.5+. The padding is not hard, but also not soft. It has a nice feel and absorbs shock very nicely. Even when i hit my old 100lb bag which is very hard from the compacted sand at the bottom, i can barely feel any shock on my knuckles/hands/wrists. Out of all the pairs of gloves i've tried, these keep your knuckles protected better than any of them.

It's hard to hurt your knuckles in these actually, unless you don't hit the bag properly. The thumb is also attached nice and snug to the main knuckle area so you don't get any thumb injuries. The thumb is very well protected by padding too, this is one of the main features i noticed on the glove.

My only complaint is that the wrist protection could be a tiny bit better. If you don't punch properly you can hurt your wrist, although this is true with any gloves. You should be wrapping your hands anyways. The velcro also wraps around a little too far, causing some excess strap to hang over, it isn't a big deal though. I'm sure you could cut them a little shorter if you wanted too, but i personally don't want to take a chance on ruining them.

The bottom line is, if your looking for a bag glove that provides some serious protection this is it. I have had alot of hand injuries so this glove does the job well. The knuckle protection can not be touched from what i've seen. I'd also recommend ordering them in large as the knuckle area is even a little snug in large.

supersudo- yea i know, i saw your thread about them. Although they feel less than 20 to me. There definately is a difference in weight compared to my 14's, but not much at all. I'll try weighing them.

The gloves weighed 35.2 ounces together and weighed about 17.6 ounces each. This is on an ounce scale, it's accurate to about .5 ounce, so it could be as much as .5 off up or down. I'd say it's a good estimate to say between 17 and 18 ounces though.

I wish i had a more accurate scale, it's fairly accurate but i believe it could be a little off. Either way, i'm guessing around 18 oz. Maybe a tiny more, maybe a tiny less. I think they are more front heavy which is why some people think they are very heavy, that's because the padding is mainly put on the knuckle area. Infact it seems like the actual wrist area makes up only 1/4 the weight of each glove. The gel seems to be mainly in the knuckles too.

I emailed title for their exact weight, I'll let you guys know what they say. It's cool they're more than 16oz though. Nice review, they really sound like nice gloves.

TitleGELWorldBagGloves.JPG

reddog- i know, like i said in my post before yours they weighed in at around 18 oz. I'd like to hear what title says though.

Back