Title Fight Not Headline a PPV Card?

DrStrong

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Has a title fight, or eliminator, been involved on a card, but NOT headlined? I don't think this has ever happened, so what is all the despair with the Rousey fight headlining a PPV?

Hughes and Franklin both had title fights on the same card back in 2005ish and hughes wasn't the headliner

I think what you're getting at though is more a question about a non-title fight headlining, with a title bout being the co-main event

attempting to upload my first gif :/ help me out haha

Sylvia/Mir was co main event to Shamrock/Kimo.

GSP-T.Alves
Aldo-KenFlo

other title fights headlined.

Yay!!!! First .gif ever!!!

So you're gonna post the same gif in every thread?

On topic, I don't think that the Rousey fight should be the headliner, but I could honestly not care any less that it is. If anything, I can watch all the other fights and go to bed before this one comes on, if I so chose.

it's fucking died down in the last 2 weeks. if you didn't bring it up, people would bitch about it less.

if you want an answer, go read on of those threads from a few weeks ago.

faksake.

The problem is despite the rousey fight being for the title, it's insignificant compared to the Hendo/Machida fight

Has a title fight, or eliminator, been involved on a card, but NOT headlined? I don't think this has ever happened, so what is all the despair with the Rousey fight headlining a PPV?

UFC 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 44, 45, 46, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 61, 64, 65, 68, 69, 73, 74, 75, 77, 79, 80, 82, 84, 87, 92, 97, 99, 100, 101, 112, 125

Not counting interim championships. Done from memory so I might have missed some.

The question is not about the fight headlining it or not, is the fact that the co-main event is only a 3 rounds fight when it was worth 5 rounds.

I think only when another title fight is on the card. In which case the heavier weight class gets top billing.

Pity they bumped Hendo/Mach.

ufc should create a fake belt to bump hendo/machida to main event.

what's below interim?

Back