Tips for New Fighters Starting Out

good luck with the fights

Last edited:
Great post. I've got my first fight coming up in 2 weeks and this helped me a lot. I'm not so nervous of the fight itself, but more of the unknown, not being familiar with what to expect leading up to the cage. So, big thanks.

Great post. I've got my first fight coming up in 2 weeks and this helped me a lot. I'm not so nervous of the fight itself, but more of the unknown, not being familiar with what to expect leading up to the cage. So, big thanks.
Good Luck Bro!!

Great post!! I love to see fighters who are good persons and humble. This is what it's all about...!

Nice thread! It should be made a Sticky.

Man, I get nervous and excited just by reading about your preparation before a fight. I have competed in amateur boxing, so I know the feeling. The funny thing for me is that the more nervous I have been before a fight, the better I have performed. My reflexes and reactions were always better than in training. So if you ask me, nervousness could be a good sign that you will do good in the ring/cage, as long as it isn't fear.

Yeah i compete in the Amateur boxing as well and im nervous the moment i get up in the morning.And just like rocky says in the last movie "i think when u get nervous you try harder"

Walking along,singing this song, walking in a Hatton wonderland

Great thread. Got my nerves up just reading it. I followed you on Twitter. I see you've been pretty active on there!

yo mods? sticky this? only took 4 hours to write.. I am horrible at computers,

please and thank you

Cool stuff. I don't fight, never will, but I love to watch the fights and always wonder what's going through a guy's mind when he's coming out.

I toured in bands and I can relate to the nerve stuff for sure.
I have to think they are good for performance most anywhere.

Thanks again, very interesting.

Thanks for tips Josh it was cool, and gave me a bit of insight to what I hope to do, cheers.

Incredible post. Lengthy but I really enjoyed reading it.

Sick read, well worth it. I want to start training this summer, i've just started going to the gym and checking out videos on youtube. Every little bit helps.

I have been thinking about writing another article,

your guys support has been overwhelming!

You know, on Lights Out,whenever Lights was training for Death Row, his trainer had him sleep during the day and train at night so that he wouldn't be sleepy or anything. Is there any merit to that or no?

Great read for those who plan to dedicate their time to this sport. Props to you Josh for sharing these tips.

just went through the tips again...i first read this last january and thought about coming back here to get myself relaxed...i'm set for my first ammy fight in october

Back