Times when changing camps was exactly what a fighter needed?

Ghost in the Dark

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Cowboy hasn't been doing great lately and has dropped his striking coach. When I was playing sports at school I learnt that just because something didn't go your way doesn't mean you need to change everything, or anything. You make changes where you think you can improve. Quite often fighters who have simply hit their ceiling or are on the downslope of their careers will change camp to try to shake things up. But in fact their camp was fine and they don't get any better at their new one. Frank Mir and Bigfoot Silva being two obvious examples.

What are some times where one camp just wasn't getting the best out of a fighter and he or she moved to a new one and it just clicked and they did really improve?

103_Donald_Cerrone.0.0.jpg

What are some times where one camp just wasn't getting the best out of a fighter and he or she moved to a new one and it just clicked and they did really improve?

Ummm the champion that is main eventing UFC 227?

I can only think.of.two that changed camps and got WORSE. Travis Browne and Jake Ellenberger

Travis Browne moving to Glendale Fight Club was exactly what us fans needed to see him get KTFO and overdose on Rousey drama.

Travis Browne moving to Glendale Fight Club was exactly what us fans needed to see him get KTFO and overdose on Rousey drama.

Nothing aroused me more than seeing that goofy fuck getting destroyed.

<{monica}>

Bisping went from Wolfslair and ended up becoming world champion.

Mike Perry, using his girlfriend as a coach wasn't the brightest idea.

I'm not saying Alvarez should change camps, but he should definitely leave his screaming wife at home.

I was literally going to post Browne going to Glendale Fight Club cause I like seeing him lose.

The move to Kings mma seemed to help Werdum and Dos Anjos. Both improved their striking game and won titles.

Back