Timeouts from intermittent fasting - acne

MC Paul Barman

Gold Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
I've been doing intermittent fasting for awhile now.... I keep my fasting window between 16-18 hours on most days. I know some might take exception with this but when I eat I'll eat pretty much whatever I want. I'm not gorging myself but I'm not putting forth much of an effort on only eating this or that.

And the weight still just drops off. It's crazy... something I never would have expected.

Anyway - some days I'll just take off entirely and eat whenever and whatever. But those days when I'm eating sweets during a time when I'm typically fasting I'll notice that I'll get acne pretty quickly. Say someone brings cupcakes into the office: I might decide to put off fasting and have one (five). I've begun to notice that very shortly after doing that I'll get a few spots of acne mainly on my shoulders and upper arms.

It's interesting to see how much more sensitive my body is to sugar now.

Id guess it’s your digestive system being more efficient and responsive. So you would feel anything you put in your body when typically fasting much stronger.

I would guess fasting is like a mini-reset. Like a short tolerance break from food, nutrients, and calories.

I’d love to try IF but way too hard eating a ton of calories in only 8 hours. Especially if I am burning a shit load everyday

Surprising that sweets are causing the spots? Although they’ll be a genetic component. It’s normally heavily processed fatty foods that wreak havoc on my skin.

Back