Time for a new electric razor - recommendations?

Grassshoppa

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
My Braun 5770 finally failed after many years. I really liked it because it had a pop up trimmer. Any recommendations for a similar one with a pop up trimmer?

612pXNJVHYL._SL1024_.jpg

For clean shaves, I use a schlick quattro.

For the stubble look, I use the Philips 5000 beard trimmer, set it to 1.6mm and shave downwards and sideways but never upwards.

Imo, Electric shavers are pointless. They cannot give you a close even shave and even then you have to rub it firmly against your skin for 5min causing even more irritation. In under a min, you could have just used a regular razor with a single downward stroke, yielding a clean even shave with no irritation.

I just bought this Norelco clipper for like $25. gets the job done in like 5 minutes. it comes with a clipper tip & a foil shaver tip too.

I have a Braun 9090cc shaver.

If I want to get a nice good shave, I just take the shaver into the shover and shave as I run hot water through my face. Don't need any shaving cream and no irritated skin. The self-cleaning function is good too.

As a real man, none. They are ok for guys with soft girly hair, but when you have fucking steel wool growing out of your face you need a real blade.

Back