• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Media Tim Sylvia wants money

Maybe if Tim would have reached Dana in private instead of going to social media they could figure something out.
He mentions the UFC said it wasnt their problem, probably not Dana, but someone from the UFC did.

Quick look at his page and shows he's a roofing contractor now. Surprised he doesn't have health insurance.
Wasnt he a cop? I think the UFC uploaded a video "Where are they now" type of thing from Tim, i would had thought they had a better relationship.

It's a tough situation. Yeah, he was a former champ, but he hasn't been with the UFC for over 12 years. Most companies aren't gonna hand money out to employees that haven't worked for them for over a decade. That, and if the UFC is supposed to be responsible because they paid for it then why isn't the hospital responsible for it because they actually DID the work?

I just had spine hardware removed last week from 12 years ago. Employer didnt have a choice said my atty.

He mentions the UFC said it wasnt their problem, probably not Dana, but someone from the UFC did.

If they paid for the original surgery it really is NOT their problem. This is a very old injury. Better question why does an Ex-Pro Fighter that's made well over 1 Mil in Fight Purses not have any health insurance? If he Mis-Managed the shit out of his money.. Not the UFC's problem..

nah, that 100% clearly a work related injury. We watched it happen in a fight. He shouldn’t have to handle that.

Edit - actually the more I think about it that should be on the hospital to fix it since they’re the ones that messed up the surgery.

if its a botched surgery then i agree but that shit happened so long ago, trying to fight that war might not be worth it in the long haul

Jesus man, thats gross and very sad.
Lifes sad.
getting to that level should mean you are set for life imo but I guess that was the early days
He did make enough to be set for the rest of his life over his career.

Damn his arm doesn't look good at all. Why doesn't he have regular health insurance?

Even worse. It’s a recurring injury from Tim fulfilling a contract with the UFC. Honestly if he gets a lawyer involved it should be a pretty easy win and possible lawsuit for pain and suffering etc due to the UFC admitting responsibility by paying for the treatment in the first place.

now if his insurance covered it originally and the UFC didn’t pay for it, I’d say he’s fucked but he’s got a case here. Some injury lawyer will eat this up
In court, he'd lose. It's clear the hospital fucked up or he didn't get it regularly checked, which he is supposed to do.

No employer is on the hook for a broken arm for life. None. If he wanted lifetime compensation, he would have needed to sue them right away.

I'm really surprised at how little most of you know about the law.

Looking at some of his paydays

UFC 61 he was the champ defending against AA.
120K Base pay plus PPV because he was champ. Buy Rate was 775K Tito and Ken fought on that card..
UFC 65 defended against Jeff Monson (Horrible Fight BTW) Same 120K plus PPV.. Buy rate was 500K.
UFC 68 lost the belt to Randy Buy rate was over 500K likely made a 120K Base..
Beat Vera at UFC 77 no PPV Bonus but likely made 120 K.
Lost to Big Nog at UFC 81.. Maybe made around 100K..
Then came his ridiculous Affliction payday of 800K for the Fedor fight... No wonder Affliction went out of business fast LOL..

That's 1.3 Mil without any PPV added in.. Bottom line he made plenty of money... So bad money MGT Big Tim..
I already listed his exact pay for every fight in the UFC and then counted up all his non-UFC fights in another post. I'd say you're close to the number I arrived at. (It's probably closer to $1.7 million before sponsorships) He's had a chance to make some money, invest it, start a business or simply live below his means. But, he currently owns $100,000 worth of trucks, so I'd say this one is on him.

Not sure why the UFC doesn’t pay up. Sylvia is possibly the greatest UFC HW champion in history. I’d only pick DC and Stipe to beat him now if he was still in his prime.

This is really the only info we need.

However, you forgot to add that he's had a very successful business as a hunting guide and even had a TV show following his hunts.

Tim has been pretty successful at whatever he's had his hand in and has made good money along the way. Imagine consistently making at least 6 figures a year for the past 15 years only to end up broke because you don't know how to manage your finances. It's crazy how many people make a good living but still find a way to live beyond their means from paycheck to paycheck. Seriously fucking crazy.

Like others have said, if Tim sold his personal truck(not work truck) and got a used Corolla as a daily driver he'd be able to afford his surgery and still have 25-30k left over to pay other bills off......which I'm sure he's found a way to be behind on.
Tim is a lazy slob apparently. Who would have guessed. The guy used to drag his humanity in one of those little cars they have at Walmart lol

Sign him back up to UFC HW roster, and remove stupid 265 cap which makes no sense at all.

With Stipes chin straight up in the air always, I say Sylvia puts him out in 3-4 minutes of the 1st

War Sylva

DE193312-1422-0E8C-9ABB569CE2CF6FAC.jpg

Back