Tim Sylvia vs Morecraft September 6th

From the New England Fights (NEF) press release:Quote:
Former two-time Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) Heavyweight Champion of the World, Tim "The Maine-iac" Sylvia, appeared via video to announce a fight against fellow UFC alumni Christian Morecraft at "NEF XIV" on September 6, 2014. That bout will also take place at the Androscoggin Bank Colisee in Lewiston, and the winner will be crowned the first-ever Maine State MMA Super-Heavyweight Champion.

Sounds prestigious.

Oh my god and at SHW which basically means both guys will come in horribly out of shape which is sad especially since Morecraft was in good shape for his last UFC fights those 2 guys actually benefit from having to make weight

Short of Morecraft getting clipped I see him taking this. Super raw but incredibly talented. Hopefully he's in good shape by fight time. With all respect Sylvia is much passed his prime.

Short of Morecraft getting clipped I see him taking this. Super raw but incredibly talented. Hopefully he's in good shape by fight time. With all respect Sylvia is much passed his prime.

Incredibly talented? I'd say Sylvia has more natural talent than Morecraft.

Morecraft is the only fighter I know of to have won via standing arm triangle. However I thought he retired due to health problems. He was KOed in 3 of his last 5 fights.

Should be able to get rid of Sylvia though, unless Sylvia is back on top form which has hasn't been close to for years.

Jessica Eye pulled one off as well.

Wonder what weight Tim will come in at?

Last edited:
I love SHW MMA.

Obviously skip past the 12 minutes of build up for the 12-second ko
[YT]AkxedzeBPHE[/YT]

Just a sidenote: Charles "Chucky" Williams has ungodly dexterity and speed for his silly bodytype. But he has yet to have to use it. That's why he's moving to HW. Dat Mayweather handspeed even works on the big boys.

Damn it's in Maine. Morecraft fights a couple towns over from where I live when I read the title I was hoping it would be there. They charge like $60 a ticket to watch a bunch of nobodies and Morecraft so I guess it's better this way.

Obviously skip past the 12 minutes of build up for the 12-second ko
[YT]AkxedzeBPHE[/YT]

Just a sidenote: Charles "Chucky" Williams has ungodly dexterity and speed for his silly bodytype. But he has yet to have to use it. That's why he's moving to HW. Dat Mayweather handspeed even works on the big boys.

Did Michael Page grow fat!?

Damn it's in Maine. Morecraft fights a couple towns over from where I live when I read the title I was hoping it would be there. They charge like $60 a ticket to watch a bunch of nobodies and Morecraft so I guess it's better this way.

I think front row NEF is like 60 bucks, that promotions nuts for that money

Back