Tim "Irish Pride" Connors

Valiss

Reaction score
Has anyone ever heard of Tim Connors? I think he was a pro boxer (and still might be) but is branching out to do kickboxing. Anyway I ask because I've seen a few of his kickboxing matches and he's doing pretty well; he's got some good hands (or at least a good right) and has put some people down hard. Naturally, his kicks stink, but they are improving.

Does anyone know anything about Tim "Irish Pride" Connors or is he just another no-name in the boxing world?

Oh, lol thats good. Well he is from the US, but I'm not sure of his actual heritage.

At any rate, that link to boxrec looks like him. Thanks!

A person with little or no connection to Ireland who claims full Irishness and conforms to all sorts of bogus stereotypes.

How are ya?

A person with little or no connection to Ireland who claims full Irishness and conforms to all sorts of bogus stereotypes.

Hap, Define

No connection to Ireland would be someone who has zero Irish heritage in terms of family history, although most plastic paddies do have some sort of heritage, albeit 9 generations removed and usually tenous at best, hence I often get told "Im 1/16th Irish, top of the monin to ya" when Im abroad!!

"1/16th Irish, top of the monin to ya"..
Awright...ya.

I

I am too hard on them sometimes, I get tired of every person I meet with red hair or some distant connection to Ireland telling me they are Irish and asking if I wanna do an "Irish car bomb" though, gets tiring.

Quite a large number of Irish packed up and left for America, you're gonna have to expect some lingering sentimental attachment to the idea of being Irish.

In my hometown there are still entire neighborhoods and communities which are almost exclusively of Irish ancestry.

It does get pretty tiresome, especially in the context of something like a fighters nickname or the shit-show that is St. Patrick's Day every year. It's not going anywhere though, Irish immigrants have been a huge part of the American experience.

I'm just waiting for the residents of Puerto Rico to start calling their kin living in NYC plastic Ricans.

Oh yeah, we forgot to declare the thread hijack....sorry TS:

hijack.gif

I take fault for the hijack, not another word about plastic paddies.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=jpLH624eAUE

He fought my friend shennen maceo in this video in the WCL. Maceo's good, he lost this fight however. He put on a good showing early but he got caught with a headbutt. You can't see it in the video but a cut gets open from it. From then on he got hit a coupe times and he was pretty much out on his feet. Tim's a good fighter but i think shenne could beat him. They're fighting again this weekend so we'll soon find out.

Nice fight....his kicks looked good. Not a huge fan of the WCL though.

Yeah he has some great fights. This season of the WCL is way better than last, both in terms of production as well as fighter quality.

Yeah he has some great fights. This season of the WCL is way better than last, both in terms of production as well as fighter quality.

Ah gotcha, I should probably give it another try one of these days.

Docking points for a little movement to set up a strike and calling it inactivity was the type of thing that got to me, I don't know if they're still hair-trigger with the deductions.

I know Tim very well. He was a standout for The Enforcers in the WCL, is very quick, has great stamina and fantastic technique. He also has his own gym in St. Louis, The House of Hard Knocks. He has a fight coming up November 19th against the #1 contender Sachew Powell, currently ranked 6th in the U.S. Check him out.

Back