Till vs Woodley - a foreshadowing of McG vs Nurmie?

Khabib is nothing like Tyron.

Till is nothing like McGregor. This fight gave us no insight, aside from harsh weight cuts being potentially bad for your chin.

Till vs Woodley will have something in common with Khabib vs McGregor... stationary vs mobility.

One TD and Conor is either finished or gassed, and plodding around flat-footed. I'm not going to spend time going back and forth on this. Just putting it out there so we have something to refer back to after the fight.

One TD and Conor is either finished or gassed, and plodding around flat-footed. I'm not going to spend time going back and forth on this. Just putting it out there so we have something to refer back to after the fight.

Khabib has looked somewhat okay to pretty good against modest competition where as McGregor has walked through elite competition. Conors footwork and wrist control in the clinch is likely to turn Khabib into a heavy bag.

Khabib is nothing like Tyron.

Till is nothing like McGregor. This fight gave us no insight, aside from harsh weight cuts being potentially bad for your chin.

Most of sherdog see a man who can strike and a man who can grapple... you may aswell be explaining algebra to household pets here.

Nah.

Tatiana vs Esparza is more like what will happen in Conor vs Khabib. Conor might not even land a single punch in Khabib gets a hold of him

Completely different fight

Khabib doesn’t have one punch KO power and his stand up is shit .

Conor will knock him stiff with relative ease

Basically this, no matter what the soyboys with their flight simulator memes post lol. Lame

Shit stand up bumps up a few notches when your opponent is scared shitless of your takedown. This is nothing new. Great standup goes down a few notches when you’re scared shitless of BEING taken down. Could Chael beat rampage or Anderson in a strictly striking match? Hell to the NO. But he dominated both of them standing because of the threat of being taken down.

Some gems in here.

{<jordan}

I agree there is a similarity

Harder weight cut = less chin resilience

KTFO'd

The only similarity I see is that both Khabib and Till cut a shit ton of weight.

Meaning Khabib's chin is going to be as compromised as Tills was.

Conor is going to knock the fuck out of Khabib

Don't compare Conor to that bum Till who landed 0 strikes. Conor's resume is too good to be doing that. Also Tyron is a way more well rounded than Khabib who can knock you out with one punch, take you down, GnP you, submit you, etc. and has amazing TD defense, whereas Khabib only has good GnP and chain wrestling. Khabib's striking and footwork are horrible and he is easily hit. He is much more one-dimensional. I think Khabib should be the favourite for sure but Conor is the best striker in the division possibly in the UFC and has amazing footwork, feints, timing and accuracy to go with it. He is not Till.

Woodley is a much more dangerous fighter than Khabib is, overall. He's much quicker, stronger and has real power in his hands. That being said, Till was exposed big time, he doesn't compare to McGregor in any way. I still think that the late 1st round KO is the most probable outcome come october 6th.

The takedown threat didn't make Conor gun shy against Mendes. He was throwing spinning back kicks and shit. What makes you think he's going to do any different against Khabib? Woodley is also 10x more dangerous on the feet than Khabib

Conor is not frozen by the threat of a takedown
He threw everything he wanted to against Mendes with no hesitation

You will see the real best striker in the UFC do his thing

If Conor KO's Khabib, the haters will say he got lucky, and that Khabib would beat him 9/10 times. Then jump on Tony's wang.

If Conor loses, haters will post about Conor never being that good, and only ever fighting cans and gatekeepers.

Regardless of if you think that aggression will get the best of him the threat of a takedown will not affect his approach
Conor is not a timid fighter.

Khabib has looked somewhat okay to pretty good against modest competition where as McGregor has walked through elite competition. Conors footwork and wrist control in the clinch is likely to turn Khabib into a heavy bag.

giphy.gif

tumblr_inline_pg7ps2nmbV1r6jb6k_540.gif

nothing like going through some old bookmarks for future shaming <JonesLaugh>

Conor is not frozen by the threat of a takedown
He threw everything he wanted to against Mendes with no hesitation

You will see the real best striker in the UFC do his thing
ahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
ahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

word ?
ahhahahahahahahah

Regardless of if you think that aggression will get the best of him the threat of a takedown will not affect his approach
Conor is not a timid fighter.

Everyone makes mistakes and no one has a perfect prediction record, but as an MMA fan, how could you have legitimately thought that the takedown threat would do nothing to impact his striking?

Everyone makes mistakes and no one has a perfect prediction record, but as an MMA fan, how could you have legitimately thought that the takedown threat would do nothing to impact his striking?
those people are not known for their "thoughts"...

I was right tho
Conor threw his shots despite the treat of the takedowns
{<shrug}
I didn't, I said it wouldn't freeze him comparable to how Till froze
Conor threw his shots, Till didn't
{<shrug}

I didn't, I said it wouldn't freeze him comparable to how Till froze
Conor threw his shots, Till didn't
{<shrug}

You said it would not affect his approach.
So, okay, as an MMA fan, how could you have legitimately thought that the threat of the takedown would not affect his approach?

Back