Tile Exercise-Weightshift-> Ankle Movement

giancana

Yellow Belt
@Yellow
Reaction score
can somebody please elaborate on the ankle movement during the weightshift ???

I loose balance and contact with the ground when I lift the heels-weight moves upwards

take a look at this:
303%20gans%20vs%20nelson%202nd%207-4-08-1.jpg

Joe Gans one of the greatest fighters of all times-how can he keep his weight on his punch when his heel is so much lifted?

I think my problem is that when I lift my heel the weight is not anymore on my foot (or rather ball of the foots/toes) but is shifted too much forwards; does anyone have an advice for me?

Whenever I lift my heel I feel ungrounded and I loose Balance

The tile exercise is just an exercise and a tool to help develop hip mobility and familiarity.
So your problem could be many things, we also need to know what type of. Tile exercise you are doing. For example are you incorporating punches? Are you at the point of doing shadow boxing with the tile exercise as well?
I never got instructed past the bare minimum of tile exercise which is stationary and in that case your heels should not be coming off the ground at all.

Now as to your second question how joe Hans keeps his weight in the punch is quite obvious just by looking at his hips. What you are looking at there I am willing to bet good money is he is trying to pivot, hop, step ect… after his punch.

Back