• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

'Thug' Rose Namajunas War Wagon

I was, am, kind of on both trains.

Weeks ago, when I thought about who I'd have rooted for, if they had to face, hopefully in a finale or such, I came to the conclusion that, if they had looked both good, I might have gone with JoJo.
Simply because of an age thing.
Rose could not win today and she'd still be barely 22 y.o. .

Though, for the moment, JoJo is not looking impressive (clinch aside), and unfortunately they are facing so soon. So, especially if Namajunas lives up to the hype, I'll probably go with her in the quarterfinals.
Because I'm not confident Calderwood has at the present time (be it the tuf environment or what not) what it takes to "bring it home", anyway.

Let's see.

Jojo's been training in MMA for 3 years according to her, so mostly her Muay Thai haven't been translated in slick boxing and footwork but she's been steadly improving. Pisses me off that people take a crap on Jojo's because of her last performance.

Rose has lots of hype behind her, win or lose she's been doing great and has lots of promse. Just hope people won't start hating on her because she lost or gave a bad performance.

Every fighter post in UG it seems.

I've seen Touchy Fili, Ben Saunders, Rose, Layzie,Bec, Bisping also talked about Underground in a video, Chael also, just saw a few threads only. Tons of fighters go there I suppose, Joe Rogan talks about it all the time.

Sherdog > UG tho. Maybe someone that has accounts on both sites should talk to her to make it over here.

Very few fighters post here, almost no high profile ones are here. I'm pretty new here so that must be a long time ago when fighters get pissed for stupid shit.

It's a forum anyways and some fighters in the UG get very personal about stupid shit, I would just be havin fun people talking mad crap about me.

Also, James Doolan (Jojo's coach and fiancee has also posts here, he did relativly recently, thaison is his account I believe)

I have posted and spent a lot more time here than there, but I've never seen anything over there that made me think it's better than good old Sherdog. Fighters still seem to get abuse over there, and every time I'm there there seems to be arguments between posters going on.

Yeah well jumping from train to train. Better don't jump on the Jojo train if Rose loses ehhhhhh!!!

/Just kidding :p

Well I wanted someone to be behind after Tecia was taken out so fast, hardly makes viewing interesting if I didn't. Seeing how I was warming up to Rose weeks prior to the premiere, I thought it to be most appropriate to participate in this here War Wagon.

rose sporting a new gi.

transform

I was expecting her to be more like a "purple belt".

For what it matters.

Since I really don't know much about any of these girls... I will just root for Rose because imho, she is the hottest woman on the show by far. I also really like Pat Barry and can't imagine him dating a lame chick, so she must be pretty cool also.

[YT]k9rJxuUuz1k[/YT]

I had/have never seen her fight, but from all the hype I expected a lot more from her. I think this is actually a pretty bad example of striking. If she faces JoJo it should be interesting. JoJo should eat Rose alive, except that JoJo's punch defense is not exactly what I'd like to see. Would still pick Joanne to win it.

Was it Rose who made the comment about the girls having no titties during the game team Melendez was playing? That got an LOL out of me.

Was it Rose who made the comment about the girls having no titties during the game team Melendez was playing? That got an LOL out of me.

Angela Magana said it, according to one of the fighters who was there (but I've forgotten who it was that claimed this, and can't seem to find the statement now when I look for it).

Angela Magana said it, according to one of the fighters who was there (but I've forgotten who it was that claimed this, and can't seem to find the statement now when I look for it).

I find Angela Magana incredibly annoying

A quiet episode of TUF for our girl. We're getting closer to her doing her thing in the cage, though :cool:

Back