Three person babies approved in UK

uppercutbus

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
If I was a progressive I'd want a designer baby, the "obama's son" please.

giphy.gif

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-38328097

A technique using a donor egg as well as the mother's egg and father's sperm has been developed.

The resulting child has a tiny amount of their DNA from the donor, but the procedure is legal, ethical and scientifically ready.

Babies made from two women and one man have been approved by the UK's fertility regulator.

The UK will not be the first country in the world to have children born through the three-person technique.
A Jordanian couple and doctors in New York performed the procedure in Mexico and the resulting baby is understood to be healthy.

The decision is not universally welcome.

Dr David King, from the campaign group Human Genetics Alert, said: "This decision opens the door to the world of genetically-modified designer babies.

"Already, bioethicists have started to argue that allowing mitochondrial replacement means that there is no logical basis for resisting GM babies, which is exactly how slippery slopes work."

TLDR They say it's to cure diseases for couples who otherwise wouldn't be able to have children or something and the baby actually has DNA from its two mothers instead of just the surrogate mother. Slippery slope sometimes isn't a fallacy, "designer babies".

Its nice that some people will get to have children they otherwise wouldn't have been able to have...

BUT the worlds population is spiralling out of control and this will only make it worse.

Thousands of children need adopting, and stuff like this will only block another avenue to them getting a loving home.

We're stumbling in to strange territory regarding designer babies and the like.

Isn't also possible for a baby to have DNA from 3 partners? I thought if the woman has sperm from 2 different men in her she can get some residue DNA material from the extra man's sperm.

We all know what comes next
MV5BMTgwNzYwNTQ0OF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMzk1ODcxMQ@@._V1_UY1200_CR109,0,630,1200_AL_.jpg

It’s not really that much of a stretch from what they’ve been doing for years and years.

Oh, and My Name is Earl is underrated. I miss that show.

This is a good thing. Except the world is overpopulated. Idk how to feel about it.

giphy.gif

TLDR They say it's to cure diseases for couples who otherwise wouldn't be able to have children or something and the baby actually has DNA from its two mothers instead of just the surrogate mother. Slippery slope sometimes isn't a fallacy, "designer babies".
As if there aren't enough overly feminine men already. SMDH.

Instead of couples having 3 parent babies, how about they just adopt kids that need a home?

as the one cat said, what's wrong w/ adopting?

kinda hard to tell girls 'don't worry, you can give the kid up for adoption so you don't have to abort it' when there's mad kids already waiting to be adopted in the first place

Soon they will have synthetic DNA injected into the eggs to create super babies.

You can finally fuck your brother or sister and not worry about a retarded baby.

Isn't also possible for a baby to have DNA from 3 partners? I thought if the woman has sperm from 2 different men in her she can get some residue DNA material from the extra man's sperm.

No, it really does not work like that.

I have always wondered about this. Like during a group orgy.

giphy.gif

Yes, this can be true now

can't wait to watch Maury.

"you are the father"

*other guy starts dancing*

"you ALSO ARE THE FATHER"

"ah man'

People tend to misunderstand me as a nazi sometimes or a SJW on the other

Im 100% in favor of eugenics, im just not in favor of coercive or racial based eugenics.

Let make smarter, faster, disease-free, noble humans.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back